Myers Briggs Personality Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for confirming the small percentage on the NTJ combo -- I thought it was small, but couldn't remember for sure. Over several tests for work, etc., the only change I've seen is between the I and the E.

When I took this test and saw the description of my personality type, I wasn't all that impressed--I saw a few things in the description that I didn't think really applied to me. But then I took a look at the descriptions of the other personality types, and started taking the results more seriously. The other personality types were so drastically different from mine, that I realized the points I was quibbling about with my personality type description were really quite minor.

Different people with different personalities really do think and operate in majorly different ways. Looking at the different personality descriptions and comparing them to the people I know (who had taken the test) really helped me understand those people better.

An example: people of my sister's personality type are described as being very loyal, often keeping the same friendships for years. I read that and thought "Wow, that's totally true of my sister, but you know, I never thought of that before."

I'm another INTJ.

Entj

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Impossible to be 2%. E is the vast majority and so is J. And most men are T.

You have to be an introvert to start getting the almost non-existent combos.

This link gives the breakdown

Thank you.

One area that this doesn't cover is a propensity of certain types to be drawn to these tests like a moth to the flame (IQ and memory quizzes as well). As such, the brainy types have all taken this test and love it and are over-represented from curiosity.

Other types will not voluntarily submit to such testing and must be drawn like a fish in a net (when work forces you to fill it out).

Who would have guessed the PB is a magnet for INTPs?

Pass me that Dutch systematic theology tome that hasn't been checked out of the library in 213 years?

Other INTP boards don't have much of an inclination for religious belief (just letting y'all know).

:smug:

Interesting thread. Does anyone have a link to an online MBPT? I've taken this a couple times in the past but can't remember that type I am (was).

I am ENTJ too. I wonder if this cluster of personality traits is disproportionately found in pastors/elders. More than 2% of the PB population has already claimed this label.

Perhaps Rich could pop for all of us to take the test, then we could have a different forum for each. :lol:

I wonder if falls out down paedo/credo lines, post-pre-a lines etc.

Last edited:
I'm a yellow-green.

Oh wait. Wrong personality test.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

And also. Shouldn't this be a poll?

Interesting thread. Does anyone have a link to an online MBPT? I've taken this a couple times in the past but can't remember that type I am (was).

Here is oneFree Jung Personality Test
Here is anotherPersonality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

Thanks!

I took one. I'm ENFJ...not sure what that means yet.

Famous ENFJs: Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Clara Barton (Founder of the American Red Cross), Ronald Reagan. I'm speechless.

Careers most suitable: counselor, social worker, educator, physician, manager, politican

Last edited:
ESFJ! Borderline on the E.
At best I am warm, nurturing, dependable, helpful and caring. At worst I am over sensitive, insecure and manipulative.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

The ESFJ page tells me that Bill Clinton is an ESFJ along with Mary Tyler Moore, Sally Field, Terry Bradshaw, Monica (from Friends) and Donald Duck.

Any other ESTJ's? Am I the only one?

That was my result too! I am glad we aren't alone. I was starting to get scared until I saw your post. I am an extremely social person. I take it you are too!

I took one. I'm ENFJ...not sure what that means yet.

It means that you love to build relationships with others, people often ask you "What are you smiling about?", you could spend all day lost in "what-ifs," you tend to act upon intuition, you would rather make a value judgment rather than a cold and calculated judgment, and that you think most everything can be analyzed.

Famous ENFJs: Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Clara Barton (Founder of the American Red Cross), Ronald Reagan. I'm speechless.

And King David...

and Barack Obama... but lets not talk about that...

Last edited:
I'm an INFJ, my husband is an INTJ. I can't believe so many people on here have those - I've only ever met a few other INTJs (who were all scientists like my husband) and never an INFJ. Both are rarer types and I believe INTJ is the rarest.

Although I was initially skeptical of the test, its really helped my husband and understand where the other is coming from. We did it during pre-marital counseling.

INTJ for me, but that was about 15 years ago.

That's always been mine. I took it about 6 or 7 different times and it always comes out the same. Off the charts with "introversion" and "judgment." (But it's not what people think.)

BTW, why is he doing CPE? I took that nonsense in '84 and never got over my regrets. Psychobabble smoothed over with new age pablum.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I"m INTJ too! Test said that I'm extremely judgmental! YIKES! Maybe I can look for the good in this?? Can I view this as "a good judge of false doctrine"? :D

The "judgment" designation speaks of one's ability to make a decision, not whether or not we're judgmental. For instance, I'm so strong on the "judgment" side of things that I have absolutely no problem making decisions. It's just I seldom make the RIGHT decision.

OTOH the "perceptive" designation tells of the person's desire to look at all options, from all angles. So "p's", especially in a group, can seldom make a decision because they will first of all beat the thing to death. So a good grouping of people is a mixture of "j's" and "p's."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back