I have been looking for over a year for a Genuine Leather, NKJ, Giant Print, bible. Price isn't the problem. Just doesn't seem to be out there anywhere. Suggestions are welcome.
I recently did a great search for the same but only found 'large' print, which is much smaller than 'giant print'. That was exactly my need 'Giant print NKJV' except I did prefer a study bible; it was for a gift and that was the need.
It is single-column, relatively large-print (I do not remember the exact size at the moment. I spoke to someone from Nelson and I remember it being larger than the average Bible, but not really large, by any means), and black letter. The only issue is that Nelson Bible's are usually of inferior quality, with the exception of the Signature Series, but those are small-print and red-letter.
Here is an excerpt of an e-mail response from Ace regarding pricing:
To completely rebind your Bible in our finest Genuine Cowhide leather, we charge $79. When we rebind a newer Bible, we will do a complete rebind (as if the Bible were a worn 30 year-old Bible). We do not use particle leathers such as Bonded Leather...we use only Genuine Animal Hide Skin Leathers. The above price includes all the extras, additional note pages sewn to front and/or back of Bible, stitching the pages together (rather than gluing only, where there is the potential of pages coming loose in the future), inserting up to 5 ribbon place markers, custom Genuine Leather Cover, complete title information stamped back onto new cover, your name along with a favorite reference stamped in the lower right-hand corner of new cover...et cetera. The turnaround time for the complete rebinding process is 3 to 5 days on average.
So I am figuring for about $105-$115 (shipped) I will have a single-column, large-print, black-letter NKJV that will last me a real long time. Again, all of this after a season of saving.
I have been looking for over a year for a Genuine Leather, NKJ, Giant Print, bible. Price isn't the problem. Just doesn't seem to be out there anywhere. Suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for this, brother. They have been very prompt and gracious in all of my preliminary dealings with them. It is good to hear a report on their finished product.
I have been looking for over a year for a Genuine Leather, NKJ, Giant Print, bible. Price isn't the problem. Just doesn't seem to be out there anywhere. Suggestions are welcome.
Maybe you could buy a large print NKJV and have Jim Angel work his magic! He cuold swap that cover with a similarly sized ESV (or other) leather cover.