Never let it be said an Ape is a monkey without a 'tale'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Andrew, I may make a comment like "Evolution sure makes good science fiction." I for one am looking forward to seeing the movie, really enjoyed the last one.

Also the story behind the movie really has little to nothing to do with evolution.

Agreed with Justin. I enjoyed the previous film and may see this one also. Evolution never even crossed my mind when viewing the prequel.

I enjoyed the previous film and may see this one also

Are you guys talking about the Charleton Heston one, or a more recent one?

I thought the first Planet of the Apes movie was amazing when it came out. But that was a long time ago.

I saw a clip on Youtube recently were Richards Dawkins adamantly denied that man had descended from the Apes, ye he said that we had both descended from a common ancestor instead!

I saw a clip on Youtube recently were Richards Dawkins adamantly denied that man had descended from the Apes, ye he said that we had both descended from a common ancestor instead!

Yes. This is an important refinement - that we are cousins of the apes.

Dawkins wouldn't be able to tell us if the putative ancestor was more undeveloped than the apes or if he was an ape/human mix.

Another important refinement - since WW II - is that scientists no longer teach that some human groups/races are closer to the apes than others.

I enjoyed the previous film and may see this one also

Are you guys talking about the Charleton Heston one, or a more recent one?

I thought the first Planet of the Apes movie was amazing when it came out. But that was a long time ago.

I'm referring to the more recent film. I've never seen the originals.

We won't spoil the - quite clever - ending of the first one for you. I've only seen the first one.

Looks like the old original movie had white in the eyes of the apes. Only humans have whites in the eyes like that and often it's a photographic trick to make an ape appear more human. Curious if the new movie series does that to make the apes look more human or do they keep the eyes dark to look more like animals?

Some apes can solve some problems much quicker than people but it's a bit like making decisions to swing tree to tree, simple geometric decisions but think fast, not high level thinking. And not the sort of thinking that reflects and reflects on the glory of God that man was made to do.

So far no one brought the movie up.. not yet. I only saw the original ones in the 70's and need to see the remake one from a couple years ago.
The new movie has been getting great reviews, so I expect lots of people to see it.

It's funny. If you tell someone a story about a frog that turned into a prince they will call it a fairy tale. But, if you say to took millions of year they might call it science. But, it's still a fairy tale.

Last edited:
Ok the title made me think of the veggie tales song
"If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey" lol

I don't know if sticking grass in the ear will catch on in other zoos. The jury's out on that one.

But God made a spider and spiders seem to adapt widely. Spider culture? Underwater, underground, in trees. Some can throw webby stiff like an argentine bolo cowboy. More a tribute to the creator than to spidey. BTW the new Jonathan Edwards book looks great by Simonetta Car and it's got a spider on the cover Jonathan Edwards - Christian Biographies for Young Readers - Reformation Heritage Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back