New Book Says Hurricanes, Disasters, and Terror Caused By America Forsaking State of Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritanhead

Puritan Board Professor
Eye to Eye: Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel

By Bill Koenig

What do these major record-setting events have in common?

• Nine of the ten costliest insurance events in U.S. history
  • Six of the seven costliest hurricanes in U.S. history
  • Three of the four largest tornado outbreaks in U.S. history
  • Nine of the top ten natural disasters in U.S. history ranked by FEMA relief costs
  • The two largest terrorism events in U.S. history

All of these major catastrophes transpired on the very same day or within 24-hours of U.S. presidents Bush, Clinton and Bush applying pressure on Israel to trade her land for promises of "peace and security," sponsoring major "land for peace" meetings, making major public statements pertaining to Israel's covenant land and/or calling for a Palestinian state.

Are each one of these major record-setting events just a coincidence or awe-inspiring signs that God is actively involved in the affairs of Israel?

In this book, Bill Koenig provides undeniable facts and conclusive evidence showing that indeed the leaders of the United States and the world are on a collision course with God over Israel's covenant land.

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." -Zechariah 12:9

Bill Koenig is the president of "Koenig's International News" (http://watch.org). The daily news service has readers in 50 states and 79 countries. Bill co-authored "Israel: The Blessing or the Curse in 2001." Bill and his wife Claudia reside in the Washington, D.C., area where he is a White House correspondent.

--------------------------------------------

We should have given more unconstitutional foreign aid and supported their hardline against Palestinians! We've forsaken Israel and God has judged us!
:lol:

Interesting. My home and native land (Canada) has never supported Israel to the degree that the US has; in fact it could be argued that we have made it our policy to at least be neutral if not pro-Palestinian (just to spite our neighbours to the south).

;)

And yet we have not experienced the hurricanes, tornadoes and terrorist attacks that you have. Therefore if we wanted to interpret providence in the manner in which Mr. Koenig suggests, it would be far more appropriate to say that either not getting involved in the situation or even supporting the Palestinians in opposition to Israel contains a great blessing for those who act accordingly.

Why do people believe these things?

z0tdntknw.gif

[Edited on 9-25-2005 by poimen]

I do believe God judges nations... "Is there calamity in the city and hath the Lord not done it?" But going back to this book, it is a serious post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy if there ever was one.

Originally posted by Puritanhead
I do believe God judges nations... "Is there calamity in the city and hath the Lord not done it?" But going back to this book, it is a serious post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy if there ever was one.

My name is Puritanhead and I know Latin. Let me show off my knowledge of this language to everybody!

;)

Originally posted by Puritanhead
okay false cause fallacy

Actually I am jealous of your knowledge. :mad:

As they say: 'After this, therefore because of this.'

:D

Now that I think of it, Mr. Koenig's analysis is not only bad theology it is also uninhibited jingoism at its worst. Why does he only look at America? It's almost as if he is saying that 'we' are the only nation on the face of this planet that God punishes. "God pays attention to us but ignores the rest of the world."

Yeah right.
rolleyes.gif

Intuentes in principem et perectorem Iesum, qui pro guadio sibi proposito, pretulit crucem, ignominia contempta, et in dextera thorni Dei consedit.
-Hebrews 12:2

Actually, I'd rather know Greek-- I know only a handful of Greek words... Latin would obviously help if I were a Papist... I was an aspiring jurist in law school, it certainly helps there a little...

Originally posted by poimen
Now that I think of it, Mr. Koenig's analysis is not only bad theology it is also uninhibited jingoism at its worst. Why does he only look at America? It's almost as if he is saying that 'we' are the only nation on the face of this planet that God punishes. "God pays attention to us but ignores the rest of the world."

Yeah right.
rolleyes.gif

What are you talking about? America is the whore of Babylon and the Great Satan rolled up into one!
:bigsmile:

Give me some ammo! Help an unintellectual brutha out!

I can probably argue strong enough against "physical or political Israel" but how do I come against that verse...

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." -Zechariah 12:9

When it does say Jerusalem.
Trust me this is a HUGE issue where I live. Koenig has been on local 'Christian' TV a lot down here.

Interesting. My home and native land (Canada) has never supported Israel to the degree that the US has; in fact it could be argued that we have made it our policy to at least be neutral if not pro-Palestinian (just to spite our neighbours to the south).

;)

And yet we have not experienced the hurricanes, tornadoes and terrorist attacks that you have. Therefore if we wanted to interpret providence in the manner in which Mr. Koenig suggests, it would be far more appropriate to say that either not getting involved in the situation or even supporting the Palestinians in opposition to Israel contains a great blessing for those who act accordingly.

z0tdntknw.gif

Maybe God is leaving Canada alone as He does the Heathen in Psalm 73.

(Psa 73:3-19)
3) For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4) For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5) They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6) Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7) Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8) They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9) They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10) Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11) And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12) Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
13) Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14) For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15) If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16) When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17) Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
18) Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
19) How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

The Homosexual issue and oppression of Christian doctrine in Canada makes me think Reprobation.

Originally posted by Richard King
Give me some ammo! Help an unintellectual brutha out!

I can probably argue strong enough against "physical or political Israel" but how do I come against that verse...

When it does say Jerusalem.
Trust me this is a HUGE issue where I live. Koenig has been on local 'Christian' TV a lot down here.

Context is everything. You cannot take one verse out of the chapter and use that and that alone for a dispensational prooftext.

vs. 4 "smite every horse" Wow! Israel will be besieged by men on horses? Must have happened a long time ago because I don't know any army today that uses horses. Well maybe the RCMP.

vs.10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

According to John 19:37 this refers to Jesus the Messiah being pierced and the Jews mourning for him. No coincidence then that families will be split up (vs. 11-14) which fits rightly with Matthew 10:34-36.

I think that the problem here is the lack of submission to the inspired typological NT fulfillment(s) and instead looking for some earthly temple or glory for Israel. Israel, as she once was, is no more. We, as Christians, are now the Israel of God (Hebrews 8:8-10)

One more note: most of these type of OT prophecies already had their fulfillment (at least partially) when Israel returned to the land of Israel after the Babylonian exile. This passage probably refers to the full restoration of Jerusalem at the time of Ezra and Nehemiah.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter

;)

z0tdntknw.gif

Maybe God is leaving Canada alone as He does the Heathen in Psalm 73.

(Psa 73:3-19)
3) For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4) For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5) They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6) Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7) Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8) They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9) They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10) Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11) And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12) Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
13) Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14) For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15) If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16) When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17) Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
18) Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
19) How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

The Homosexual issue and oppression of Christian doctrine in Canada makes me think Reprobation.

I hope you did not think that I meant that Canada was not worthy of God's judgment and that the US was, because that was not my point. I only wanted to refute Mr. Koenig's interpretation of providence by applying his rules consistently to another test case.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Who is Koenig?

I wish I knew myself. I'm inclined to see if some of these authors have gone out to buy a bunch of tops, just to put their own "spin" on things. (Yes, that was an intentional pun.):lol:

Before I say what I am about to say, I'll admit that I don't know everything there is to know about Holy Writ. It just amazes me how some of these guys come out of the blue and exhibit how very little their understanding of not only the Word of God, but His Sovereignty is laid bare for all to see. I'm not so much as referring to Koenig, but to every writer who claims to be an expert "know it all" on what the Word of God says.

Daniel,
I don't know who this guy is but as to your first implication that God may not be chastizing America because Canada doesn't experience these traumatic forces of nature is mute I think in light of scripture.

(Heb 12:6-8)
8) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

I personally hope God is chastizing us. I don't want our Nation to be a Bastard. I wish America was on God's heart. It may be that Isreal is still on God's Heart.

(Rom 11:25-27)
25) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27) For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Some Postmil and Amil believe in a latter day when Isreal will be in great revival and turn to the LORD. Maybe Isreal still has that blessing of 'Bless those who bless you and Curse those who Curse you.'

[Edited on 9-26-2005 by puritancovenanter]

I didn't get the need for evidence that God was actively involved with the nation of Israel. I thought He was actively involved in ALL the nations?

:banghead:

You know, the sad thing is that, as I was reading this thread, I actually sang the Star Trek theme along with the "wah waaaaah's"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back