New Incorrect Version (NIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

puritan reformed

Puritan Board Freshman
I thought some of you might get a laugh from this one. I got these from a King James Only friend (most KJV only will disfellowship with me but not this one). I couldn't help but laugh...enjoy
NIV-New Incorrect Version
NASB-New Apostate Standard Bible or New Age Standard Bible
NKJV-Not Knowing Jesus Version
NLT-New Loose Translation
ESV-Ecumenical Standard Version
TLB-The Lying Bible
The Message-The Living Bible paraphrased into modern English
Good News For Modern Man-Bad news for sinful man

Originally posted by RTSbound
I thought some of you might get a laugh from this one. I got these from a King James Only friend (most KJV only will disfellowship with me but not this one). I couldn't help but laugh...enjoy
NIV-New Incorrect Version
NASB-New Apostate Standard Bible or New Age Standard Bible
NKJV-Not Knowing Jesus Version
NLT-New Loose Translation
ESV-Ecumenical Standard Version
TLB-The Lying Bible
Good News For Modern Man-Bad news for sinful man

:lol:

I've always heard the NIV referred to as the New International perVersion by the KJVO crowd. :D

ASV (always superior version) double-checked against my Darby (done all really better (than) you (could)). But KJV-only for certain passages like I Kings 21:21 for proper color.

[Edited on 1-23-2006 by victorbravo]

Originally posted by RTSbound

HA! That IS a funny one.

In no particular order I like KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV.

I thought the Good News for Modern Man was the funniest!!:lol: I actually burst out laughing with that one.
Anyone here use or like the Ferrar Fenton? I like that for the old testament. I also enjoy the Worrell for NT.

Actually the cleverest of these was for my favorite translation, the ESV = Essentially Similar Version (to the RSV; also, playing on the "essentially literal" claim in the preface). ;-)

[stroll-down-memory-lane]

When I was stationed at Cherry Point, NC, we used to hear one preacher on the radio always blasting the NIV. He called it the New Inaccurate Version.

I thought that was pretty funny until I found out how many of my Christian friends thought so, too.

[/stroll-down-memory-lane]

KC

Years ago, when I was going more AV, I heard it described as the "Non-Intellectual Version." My ESV-toting friend I met in Baghdad (now in Alaska) still calls it the New International perVersion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back