New KJV Allan Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiu

Puritan Board Junior
Received it two weeks ago, but finally got some time to take some pictures of it.

l_73974adbee714727b4bd423118efc1b7.jpg

l_30c7daa4314a447299a604c74c1238e5.jpg

l_5df04f544b75443c988ef8f6684a1078.jpg

l_3ee63f3ba58c492e860e21192c73adc4.jpg

l_320ca7a0cc524e6facc7546ce3926d76.jpg

l_9ab6fb3559de4b3a8f04ad420989ae28.jpg

l_a6b4efd83bc448a1ae48450cf5a8db36.jpg

l_916f0e1b8f91447ebf1cb203e820fead.jpg

l_34bbf47a43f840508ea3b11d438922c8.jpg

l_ad29d48e712847618938b9934f8134a7.jpg

l_8b6becb9654c47e9b7d8ede2d1976931.jpg

l_6e852e28cd1d4e0c854190bcf3cb617f.jpg

Last edited:
Took me a while to figure out how to post the pics...but I got it.
Its a great Bible...no flaws that I can see!
You can see the excellent job done in the binding in the pics.

Bummer. Grymir would think it was perfect if it were just a Living Bible.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a more serious note, I would love to have an Allan someday (once my last one is done with college!).

Those are some great high quality pictures! It sure does look like a quality bible. Maybe down the road i will be able to afford one.

What a beautiful Bible! Can you give us some more info on it,(Where to purchase it, what model etc.)I'm looking on evangelicalbible.com and see a few KJV's and I know Allan's has a site but,I was just wondering so I know how to dream about this Bible-Thanks

Well, I won't have to offer any photos now. That's exactly like the one a dear brother in Christ gave me several months back and the one I use to preach every Sunday. It's a beautiful and very usable Bible. The leather is very soft and it's very easy to use in the pulpit. Without a doubt, it's the nicest Bible I have ever had.

Ivan,

You have an Allan Bible???

:(:(:(

:eek::eek::eek:

:wow::wow::wow:

:eek::eek::eek:

:surrender::surrender::surrender:

Actually, what a blessing. I'm happy for you. What model is it.

Those are some great high quality pictures! It sure does look like a quality bible. Maybe down the road i will be able to afford one.

The quality of the picture comes from my Nikon D80. Its an impressive camera. The Bible quality is very excellent. I've heard complaints in the past from previous buyers that their Bible had some flaws but this one doesn't have any. They are pricey, but totally worth it in my opinion because it is a Bible that will last for life. I would consider it an heirloom Bible :)

-----Added 3/4/2009 at 01:18:12 EST-----

It looks like that leather is so soft. I can almost feel it :lol:

Yes...the leather is extremely soft. It feels great to just hold the Bible.

-----Added 3/4/2009 at 01:24:37 EST-----

What a beautiful Bible! Can you give us some more info on it,(Where to purchase it, what model etc.)I'm looking on evangelicalbible.com and see a few KJV's and I know Allan's has a site but,I was just wondering so I know how to dream about this Bible-Thanks

I purchased the Bible from evangelicalbible.com
Here is a link of the exact one I got (Allan Oxford Longprimer Ref Ed. (KJV) Highland Goatskin): Allan Oxford Longprimer Ref Ed. (KJV) Highland Goatskin [Allan 53; FREE Shipping] - $145.00 : EvangelicalBible.com

There are other versions, for those who are interested. The ESV look like they have the best features (three ribbons, tan leather, extra add-ons)...like this beautiful one
esvbr14.JPG

Here is another link with a lot of pictures from evangelicalbible's picasa....Dream on while looking at these beautiful Bible's
Picasa Web Albums - evangelicalbible.com

-----Added 3/4/2009 at 01:29:37 EST-----

Does the Allan have the full letter from the Translators?

I'll have to check on that for you...I think it does, but not 100% sure

-----Added 3/4/2009 at 01:30:44 EST-----

The Bible does have the Full yapp feature, which is really nice. It keeps the Bible pages cleaner, and doesn't let in the rain and other elements.

The quality of the picture comes from my Nikon D80. Its an impressive camera. The Bible quality is very excellent. I've heard complaints in the past from previous buyers that their Bible had some flaws but this one doesn't have any. They are pricey, but totally worth it in my opinion because it is a Bible that will last for life. I would consider it an heirloom Bible :)

There are other versions, for those who are interested. The ESV look like they have the best features (three ribbons, tan leather, extra add-ons)...like this beautiful one
esvbr14.JPG

Thats what I really had in mind with my next bible purchase. Something of extreme quality that will really last. I do tend to highlight and that is the only concern is that it may bleed through the pages (if that would be the case then i would refrain).

Your right about the ESV though. Three ribbons is clutch! What do you see as extra add ons? I might have overlooked something.

Thank you so much for posting these pictures, I've looked at these but Bible-Direct.com really stinks as far as displaying their product.

Now, the big question - is it wrong to covet a Bible? I'm really struggling with that right now.

Thank you so much for posting these pictures, I've looked at these but Bible-Direct.com really stinks as far as displaying their product.

Now, the big question - is it wrong to covet a Bible? I'm really struggling with that right now.

I am taking it that you mean coveting the Bible in the physical sense (like the product you hold in your hands). I think it is wrong to covet it because the Bible is supposed to be our rule for life not something to look at. So one has to :book2: it and :pray2: and apply it. If one is stuck at just at looking at and coveting it for its physical aspect only, then its wrong. But who would buy a $100+ and not read it?

I bought the Bible because of its craftsmanship. I've gone through a couple Bible's and I want one that will last. This was my best option!

-----Added 3/4/2009 at 04:15:24 EST-----

esvbr14.JPG

Thats what I really had in mind with my next bible purchase. Something of extreme quality that will really last. I do tend to highlight and that is the only concern is that it may bleed through the pages (if that would be the case then i would refrain).

Your right about the ESV though. Three ribbons is clutch! What do you see as extra add ons? I might have overlooked something.

Extra add ons is anything besides the text, to me. For example: a Text
Classic Reference, a Concordance, the full or semi yapp, red under gold page edges, three ribbon markers, and 16 pages of Oxford Maps, the type of leather used, etc.

I am taking it that you mean coveting the Bible in the physical sense (like the product you hold in your hands). I think it is wrong to covet it because the Bible is supposed to be our rule for life not something to look at. So one has to :book2: it and :pray2: and apply it. If one is stuck at just at looking at and coveting it for its physical aspect only, then its wrong. But who would buy a $100+ and not read it?

Actually it was tongue in cheek, it should have been understood as a great irony.

I bought the Bible because of its craftsmanship. I've gone through a couple Bible's and I want one that will last. This was my best option!

That is precisely what I'm after. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to post pictures, that really helps.

Actually it was tongue in cheek, it should have been understood as a great irony.

I know :p

That is precisely what I'm after. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to post pictures, that really helps.

Your welcome. I had problem before of finding pics of these Bibles. I couldn't find them on the web, until I came across that picasa one which has a lot of pics of their products. It made me want to buy the Bible right away!

Beautiful! I have the ESV Allan Bible, and I really, really love the three ribbons! Mine is black with dark blue ribbons. I also bought mine from Evangelical Bible.

I asked this before...has owning a high quality Bible from a well known publisher become a mark of status? I'm not trying to put anyone off from buying a good Bible it was just a thought.

I have 2 Allan Bibles, both Clarendon goatskins that without a doubt have the best concordance I have ever seen in a bible. I had one of the Long Primers pictured above that I parted with to a young man down south of me. I know they are expensive but what is 100-150 for a quality bible when guys spend that for a golf club?

I would say that I know of no one personally who has ever heard of Allan. So I don't see how it could be seen as a status symbol. Truthfully, does not the word of God deserve the finest paper and covering we can afford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back