New SWRB Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Paul

Puritan Board Sophomore
SWRB now has new titles available. Does anyone plan to acquire these? Three years ago I obtained the Reformation/Puritan CD's. It will take me the rest of my life to work through them (because I'm not Dr. Matt who is "systematically" working through them :) )but I don't plan on spending the buck$ for these, but they sure look good!:book2:

Protestant Bookshelf CDs, 3 for 1 CD Super Sale for a Limited Time, Rare Protestant, Reformation, Puritan, Covenanter, Presbyterian and Baptist Books in PDF, MP3 and video
Calvinism Bookshelf CDs, 3 for 1 CD Super Sale for a Limited Time, Rare Reformation, Puritan, Covenanter, Presbyterian and Baptist Books in PDF, MP3 and video

SWRB now has new titles available. Does anyone plan to acquire these? Three years ago I obtained the Reformation/Puritan CD's. It will take me the rest of my life to work through them (because I'm not Dr. Matt who is "systematically" working through them :) )but I don't plan on spending the buck$ for these, but they sure look good!:book2:

Protestant Bookshelf CDs, 3 for 1 CD Super Sale for a Limited Time, Rare Protestant, Reformation, Puritan, Covenanter, Presbyterian and Baptist Books in PDF, MP3 and video
Calvinism Bookshelf CDs, 3 for 1 CD Super Sale for a Limited Time, Rare Reformation, Puritan, Covenanter, Presbyterian and Baptist Books in PDF, MP3 and video

Haven't those folks had problems in the past with copyright violations or with getting other types of permissions, or some such? I seem to remember there being cautions in the past with buying CDs from them.

Haven't those folks had problems in the past with copyright violations or with getting other types of permissions said:
Yes, it was evidently regarding the Puritan CDs which have been discontinued. I don't think this makes them totally disreputable, but there are some here who will have nothing to do with them. I still appreciate the materials they provide.
And this is still a decent offer. :2cents:

Haven't those folks had problems in the past with copyright violations or with getting other types of permissions said:
Yes, it was evidently regarding the Puritan CDs which have been discontinued. I don't think this makes them totally disreputable, but there are some here who will have nothing to do with them. I still appreciate the materials they provide.

If it's stolen goods, any offer is a poor one... :2cents:

I haven't found anything about copyright violations. There could have been something, but I thought most of what they did were copies of old public domain books.

I haven't found anything about copyright violations. There could have been something, but I thought most of what they did were copies of old public domain books.

:ditto:

There are no shortage of problems in Edmonton, but I don't believe that this is one of them.

The problem was that the material was stolen from "Early English Books Online" which makes statements about their material being used for scholarship and not for resale.

I have heard from this an 'insider'. I am sure that it is not on their website though!

The problem was that the material was stolen from "Early English Books Online" which makes statements about their material being used for scholarship and not for resale.

I have heard from this an 'insider'. I am sure that it is not on their website though!

Nathan's understanding is also what I heard from an "insider." How culpable they are, who knows? For many years they have been trying to get old public domain books out to the public. Evidently, when they came upon the "Early English Books Online" they were too casual in their use of the material. I appreciate the ethical issues being raised, however. For a relative newcomer, this is one of the great blessings of the PB.

So if iam understanding it well, if you buy the 30 new CALVINISM BOOKSHELF CDs, than you get 60 cd's extra for free ?

So how much is "totally" the price than in U.S Dollars?

If it's stolen goods, any offer is a poor one... :2cents:

Ouch, Todd. Is that what I have promoted? Rebuke taken, Forgiveness requested:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back