No Direction Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will be buying the disc before it airs on PBS...just saw him for the fourth time a few weeks ago....most important musician of the 20 th century!!!
i welcome all Beatles fans to respond to my last comment:p:p

Originally posted by Formerly At Enmity
i will be buying the disc before it airs on PBS...just saw him for the fourth time a few weeks ago....most important musician of the 20 th century!!!
i welcome all Beatles fans to respond to my last comment:p:p

I don't know about "most important", but I'd certainly say one of the most influencial.

As for the Beatles, Lennon initially couldn't stand Dylan but eventually envied the freedom Dylan had-- to say whatever he wanted, not care about image (remember, this is while the Beatles were still your styled-up mop top teenie boppers). Of course, things soon changed. Lennon's "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" is a blatant rip off of Dylan-- and a great song.

Interesting anecdote-- When Dylan met the Beatles for the first time (1965?) he told them how he really liked the song "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and especially the line "I get high.....", (which of course is really "I can't hide"). :lol: This meeting was also the Beatles' first encounter with marijauna.

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
New Bob Dylan Rockumentary on PBS
:up::up:

For the EP'ers out there - you may not want to play this during church but there's a part of me that would like to hear it...
6268_Large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back