No one beats Bach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat Bach all the time -- tapping my foot, keeping time ...

Unless I read too fast, no one has mentioned St. Mathew's Passion ...
 
Hello Reformed Dave,

Bach greatest??????? Maybe but there is still room for those like Ellington, Parker, etc.

I was a Jazz Studies major at one point (North Texas State University - now it is the University of North Texas), and as such have great respect for Charlie Parker and Duke Ellington. However, they were not on the same level as Bach or other 17th, 18th and 19th century composers. Yet, as you say there is room.

Sincerely,

Brian
 
Hello Reformed Dave,

Bach greatest??????? Maybe but there is still room for those like Ellington, Parker, etc.

I was a Jazz Studies major at one point (North Texas State University - now it is the University of North Texas), and as such have great respect for Charlie Parker and Duke Ellington. However, they were not on the same level as Bach or other 17th, 18th and 19th century composers. Yet, as you say there is room.

Sincerely,

Brian

While I agree they could not compose on the scale of the 'classical' guys every time they played they composed. The lost art of improvisation. Just before he died, Charlie Parker wanted to study at Julliard or Eastman. He was developing new ideas...What he could have been.
 
I don't think I have ever heard of Bach. :think: ;)

The first piece of music that pushed me to play classical music was one of Bach's_Brandenburg Concertos.

I really love Haydn's choral work.
 
Bach is my favorite composer of all time.

Grymir will appreciate that Barth listened to Mozart every morning.
 
Bach is my favorite composer of all time.

Grymir will appreciate that Barth listened to Mozart every morning.

Waaaahhh! Can't we brush this under the rug?? Hide this in the forgotten journals? Bury this in the secret library under the Vatican? You have no idea how much it pains me to agree with Barth on a point, or to acknowledge that he must of had some taste. Or maybe this is a rumor started to soften me to him, started by the Jesuits to subvert the PCUSA from within through me?

Classical Music still rules, and is worthy of reverential treatment!!
 
Or maybe this is a rumor started to soften me to him, started by the Jesuits to subvert the PCUSA from within through me?

Classical Music still rules, and is worthy of reverential treatment!!

Tim, "subvert the PCUSA"??? What century are you in, bro? That deconstruction dun already happen'd. Ichabod rode through there decades ago! The candlestick has been missing for some time. Put me in a dress and make me sing if you have any doubts. If you think otherwise, I have a nice mainline Baptist denomination to sell you . . . cheap! :lol:

My preference is baroque (e.g., Bach and Vivaldi especially). However, I'm with you on classical music generally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top