No matter what happens God is working for our good...Nathaniel Vincent shows how...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
The Good Which Comes Out of the Evil of Affliction
By Nathaniel Vincent

Lots of people email me about "frowning providence," why "such and such" happens to me. Vincent masterfully answers questions relating to God's will for the Christian and how good comes out of the evil of afflictions.

Nathaniel Vincent (1639-1697) was a nonconformist puritan divine. His colleagues called him “smart…brisk and well-rounded as a minister of the Gospel, holding a facetious and jolly humor, as well as being a considerable scholar.”

In this work Vincent treats affliction as a present sent from God to his people. Most Christians struggle with being chastised by God, or afflicted in a frowning providence. But the Bible teaches that God does this to cause his people to shine forth his glory. The Scriptures are filled with directives of how to suffer for the sake of God’s name and glory. Vincent teaches from Psalm 110:71, “It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I might learn thy statutes.”

This is not a scan or a facsimile, but a newly typeset work updated and made easily readable with an active table of contents.

ePub, Mobi and PDF at the Puritan Shop
The Good Which Comes Out of the Evil of Affliction - by Nathaniel Vincent (1639-1697) The Puritan Shop

Kindle Version
The Good Which Comes Out of the Evil of Affliction: Nathaniel Vincent: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Paperback version
The Good Which Comes Out of the Evil of Affliction by Nathaniel Vincent (Paperback)

View attachment 3039

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back