No Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theognome

Burrito Bill
Toni and I were looking at the forum and she quipped, "I like the 'thanks' button, but I think there should be a 'no thanks' button, too."

I almost fell out of my chair.

Theognome

Toni and I were looking at the forum and she quipped, "I like the 'thanks' button, but I think there should be a 'no thanks' button, too."

I almost fell out of my chair.

Theognome

Good one! I also think there should be a "I'm sorry" button too! I'd make good use out of that one!

Just so you guys know, I don't make these modifications myself. They have to be programmed by 3rd parties that understand PHP programming and mySQL dB's. Not only that, but they have to have enough of a "following" to be updated by the programmer. Fortunately, the "Thanks" hack is a very popular vBulletin hack. A "Please Forgive Me" hack would not be popular with your average pagan.

Regarding the "No Thanks" hack, it exists but would be the cause of visible acrimony. It's one thing to tell somebody that their ideas stink with no comment but quite another to explain why you disagree with somebody. If we're going to agree with one another, it is enough to say "Amen" but, here as in real life, we should have to explain why we disagree with a Brother out of courtesy to him.

Regarding the "No Thanks" hack, it exists but would be the cause of visible acrimony.

Yeah, I can see the "Kick" hack getting a lot of folks really upset around here. :lol:

We had that same suggestion brought up on HCR (where I'm admin and tech - we also use vBulletin and I have Thanks installed over there) and I've basically given the same explanation when asked.

How about if I respond to somebody with:

<Insert Thumbs Down> Boooo!!!! <Insert Thumbs Down>

And then explain why I disagree.

Just so you guys know, I don't make these modifications myself. They have to be programmed by 3rd parties that understand PHP programming and mySQL dB's. Not only that, but they have to have enough of a "following" to be updated by the programmer. Fortunately, the "Thanks" hack is a very popular vBulletin hack. A "Please Forgive Me" hack would not be popular with your average pagan.

Regarding the "No Thanks" hack, it exists but would be the cause of visible acrimony. It's one thing to tell somebody that their ideas stink with no comment but quite another to explain why you disagree with somebody. If we're going to agree with one another, it is enough to say "Amen" but, here as in real life, we should have to explain why we disagree with a Brother out of courtesy to him.

I definitely agree! I do not want to see "No Thanks," nor do I want to be able to say that very easily to others!!

"I definitely agree! I do not want to see "No Thanks," nor do I want to be able to say that very easily to others!!"

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back