No worship today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt

Puritan Board Graduate
Woe is me, no worship service this morning. The snow isn't TOO bad, but the timing is terrible.

We have to be more careful than city churches or those on major roads. You have to cross at least one ridge to get to our building. Cresting those ridges can be exciting, but not on the way to a worship service!

My wife is in Europe, so its me and my Bible and Joel Beeke. Worse companions would be easy to find.

You said "so its me and my Bible and Joel Beeke. Worse companions would be easy to find". I hope this morning I can perhaps be a good companion for you.Curt, I will reflect this morning with you from Galatians 3:6
(6) just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
New King James Version

The following thought is taken from the Berean a daily verse and comment I receive by e mail and this one came to me on Friday of this week.

In God's mind, true faith or living faith is virtually synonymous with obedience and works. Faith and obedience are interchangeable, even though they are not specifically the same thing. This is just like the Bible's usage of mind, heart, and spirit—they are not specifically the same thing, yet they are so interconnected that they really cannot be separated.

This verse is a quotation of Genesis 15:6. There is a parallel quotation in Romans 4:1-3:What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."

One of the wonderful things I like about now being a Protestant is that we know we are saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ. When I was a Roman catholic I was always working to save myself because Roman Catholicism does not believe that we are saved by faith alone. It made me often feel lost a and without too much hope. I am thankful to God that I was elected to the Reformed faith and I am thankful that I converted to Protestantism and am now a Presbyterian. I love Presbyterianism and the Presbyterian church and my local Presbyterian congregation.

I will close my reflection and scripture reading and little thought with the following prayer…“May my PB brother Curt not feel loneliness today, may I feel less alone knowing I have shared Christian fellowship with my PB brother Curt and anyone else who joins us Curt in prayer and thought today.” Please also pray for me , I am alone now , having serious financial difficulties and suffering from depression , I am taking medication to help me. I have as you have seen many wonderful blessings in my life , a new grandchild just this week but I am still alone much of the time when I am not working. I know what loneliness feels like .I am with you today my brother , pleases be with me in prayer and thought also today and the fellowship we share knowing we are together because of our common faith in one Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God bless you Curt and may He bless each of us and all who share fellowship here on the PB this sabbath day ;have a wonderful Lords day and a wonderful week ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back