NT Commentaries For Kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

Puritan Board Freshman
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not any of the NT commentaries that D.A. Carson recommends in his book "New Testament Commentary Survey" are available for the Amazon Kindle. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction in looking for these commentaries, specifically those covering the Johannine writings. I have looked on the Amazon store and haven't found anything. Thanks.

I would note that the "Nook" and Apple bookreading applications on Ipad do not allow you to copy and paste passages and I bet the Kindle app is the same. This is a major limitation for me when using the e-book readers with commentaries. The "Logos" application for Ipad DOES allow copying and pasting, thus, this is what I use for reading commentaries in an electronic version.

Last edited:
I don't know all the books recommended by D.A. Carson but you can search Google Books for them. Some of the older titles may be public domain and you can download them often in either EPUB or PDF format. Even the purchased titles are available in EPUB.

I use a freeware program called Calibre: calibre - E-book management

This allows me to convert to/from multiple formats. You can convert an EPUB book to the MOBI format (which is what Kindle uses) or you can also read PDF's on your Kindle. It may be a method that works for you.

I would note that the "Nook" and Apple bookreading applications on Ipad do not allow you to copy and paste passages and I bet the Kindle app is the same. This is a major limitation for me when using the e-book readers with commentaries. The "Logos" application for Ipad DOES allow copying and pasting, thus, this is what I use for reading commentaries in an electronic version.
True. But the Kindle for the PC app does allow copy and paste, while the Kindle reader on a Kindle device does not.

AMR

The following Carson "Best Buys" are available on Kindle:

Matthew: Craig Keener, Craig Blomberg (NAC)
Mark: James Brooks (NAC)
Luke: Walter Liefeld (EBC)
John: Herman Ridderbos
Romans: C. E. B. Cranfield (abridged)
1 Corinthians: Gordon Fee (NIC)
2 Corinthians: David Garland (NAC)
Ephesians: Peter O'Brien (Pillar)
Philippians: Peter O'Brien (NIGTC), Gordon Fee (NIC)
Colossians/Philemon: James Dunn (NIGTC)
Thessalonians: Charles Wanamaker (NIGTC)
Pastorals: Philip Towner (NIC)
James: Peter Davids (NIGTC, NIBC), Doug Moo (Pillar)
1 Peter: Karen Jobes (Baker), Peter Davids (NIC)
2 Peter and Jude: Richard Bauckham (WBC)
Johannine Epistles: Colin Kruse (Pillar), I. Howard Marshall (NIC)
Revelation: Robert Mounce (NIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back