Online, Accredited Theological Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

JML

Puritan Board Junior
I have a job possibility that would require me to attain about 30 hours of Master's level theological education. I have a Master of Arts in Christian Education but am lacking enough hours in NT & OT studies and languages. The classes would have to be from an accredited seminary and I would not be able to relocate. Any suggestions?

Biblical Seminary. I believe it is broadly non denominational.
You're safest bet would also be RTS Global. Joel got his MA on there. Puritan Seminary I think now has ATS accreditation as well.
Many of the SBC seminaries have online courses, a few offer degrees via distance.

Trent,

From what I read Puritan is in the "candidate" stage with ATS accreditation. Does this mean that its hours would be accredited or not yet?

No idea, I would not be the person to ask. I listed it as accredited because I checked the ATS website list and they had it listed and I could not find any reservations about it. Perhaps I did not look hard enough.

Are these hours considered "continuing education," or are they able/preferred/supposed to be put toward a degree?

I ask because you might be able to apply your MACE credits toward an MDiv. Just a thought. Maybe an irrelevant one! :eek:

Are these hours considered "continuing education," or are they able/preferred/supposed to be put toward a degree?

I ask because you might be able to apply your MACE credits toward an MDiv. Just a thought. Maybe an irrelevant one! :eek:

I ask because you might be able to apply your MACE credits toward an MDiv. Just a thought. Maybe an irrelevant one!

Another degree is not required, just the hours in those areas. However, in saying that, I would personally rather the hours go toward another degree such as an MDiv. I just need 15 more hours of OT studies and 13 more hours of NT for the job which could and in my opinion should include more languages. I currently have 4 hours of Greek and 4 hours of Hebrew.

Does anyone on the board know is RPTS ever plans on providing an online or modular MDiv?

I know that RTS has a fully online MAR, which is 60 hours total, so that should give you the extra hours you need, even if you don't complete it.

It would be a grind, but it's probably about an hour and a half or less each way to the RTS Atlanta site.

Not sure if you have any interest in completing an MDiv or not, but many schools will let you finish the degree provided you take a full year through their program. 30 hours would equal a year...might be worth a shot!

I ask because you might be able to apply your MACE credits toward an MDiv. Just a thought. Maybe an irrelevant one!

Another degree is not required, just the hours in those areas. However, in saying that, I would personally rather the hours go toward another degree such as an MDiv. I just need 15 more hours of OT studies and 13 more hours of NT for the job which could and in my opinion should include more languages. I currently have 4 hours of Greek and 4 hours of Hebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back