Pastoral Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't "taken it" per se, but I have read it over a few times, and it was one of the things that was instrumental in my NOT pursuing pastoral ministry.

I think its a great thing to print out and give to someone who says, "You know what, I'm having so much success sharing the "Four Spritual Laws" at work that a lot of my friends are saying I should be a preacher! I'm seriously considering it now!"

Then you say, "Here, read this. Also, read "Lectures to My Students", and then listen to these select sermons by Al Martin (or lets listen to them together), and if you STILL "feel" called to the ministry, I will be glad to help you pursue it."
 
Matt - I like the "test" in your denomination's book of church order. Just a suggestion though... I didn't see any questions that were "practical" in nature. I think that some "what if..." questions are very appropriate because it demonstrates a candidates ability to move beyond academic knowledge to pastoral application of that knowledge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top