Don't threads automatically close after a certain period? I've looked up a lot of really old threads (when I've been curious about a certain issue etc) and it seems like they're all closed - and most of them aren't heated, so it seems like they're automatically being closed. Am I crazy or does this happen?
For the last couple years, the threads are closed about 6 months after the last post. Before that, some old threads were resurrected by new folks, and know one remembered the context, so it was kinda weird, to pick up the conversation again, and usually end up going down a rabbit trail. Now we have to stay more specific in the threads.
I believe the longest thread was about 5 years ago, a debate over Theological Traditionalism, but for some reason it's not showing up on the search function. Perhaps more rivals are some of the older threads on Baptism, Theonomy, and Amil/Postmil, and more recent threads on Creation and EP.