PCA Overtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
Overture from Central Carolina to basically adopt the OPC report being discussed:

http://tinyurl.com/j845d


The issue that is problematic is to that the OPC report has not been adopted yet. Not sure what will happen, but the fact that the report is not "public" yet is a real problem.

[Edited on 6/22/2006 by fredtgreco]
 
I surprised this was tried.
Originally posted by fredtgreco
Overture from Central Carolina to basically adopt the OPC report being discussed:

http://tinyurl.com/j845d


The issue that is problematic is to that the OPC report has not been adopted yet. Not sure what will happen, but the fact that the report is not "public" yet is a real problem.

[Edited on 6/22/2006 by fredtgreco]
 
Originally posted by NaphtaliPress
I surprised this was tried.
Originally posted by fredtgreco
Overture from Central Carolina to basically adopt the OPC report being discussed:

http://tinyurl.com/j845d


The issue that is problematic is to that the OPC report has not been adopted yet. Not sure what will happen, but the fact that the report is not "public" yet is a real problem.

[Edited on 6/22/2006 by fredtgreco]

What is this about? The tinyurl link does not work.
 
Fred, how are the members going to be appointed and when will we know about the make up of the committee ?
 
Originally posted by AdamM
Fred, how are the members going to be appointed and when will we know about the make up of the committee ?

The resolution (which was typical) was that the Moderator appoint the seven members. The real risk here is that there will appear to be an obligation to appoint someone who is already committed to FV. That was the critical flaw in the Missouri Presbytery committee. By requiring that a full blown FV supporter be on the committee, it has happened (exactly as I predicted) that the hue and cry is "my Presbytery says I am fine" and "Missouri Presbytery says my views are fine."

I would rather than 7 men completely unrelated to the conflict (i.e. neither Waters nor Duncan, nor Myers nor Wilkins) be on the committee. I am very comfortable with men who have no involveent seeing this for what it is. If not, there will be a minority report, which will be used ad infinitum by FV advocates.
 
Originally posted by beej6
The OPC GA has placed the report on justification on their docket for Saturday morning.

Correct.

...and I plan to be there! It's only a 30-45 minute drive away. :banana::banana:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top