Playground documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceman

Puritan Board Freshman
Initial responses are anger, sorrow, hatred of sin, a reality check for myself personally, among other things.

Your response? How does one as a believer properly deal with this? I have a desire to pack my bags, go underground and get my hands dirty.


[video=youtube;utjtLRqQuJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utjtLRqQuJI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utjtLRqQuJI[/video]
 
How does one as a believer properly deal with this?

The believer should appeal to the civil magistrate to execute justice, and call the wicked to repentance.


Deut. 22:25-28
"But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die. 26"But you shall do nothing to the girl; there is no sin in the girl worthy of death, for just as a man rises against his neighbor and murders him, so is this case. 27"When he found her in the field, the engaged girl cried out, but there was no one to save her,"
 
This is a difficult issue for me because I automatically want to be a Simeon or Levi and kill the rapist. I'm afraid that I'll meet one of these monsters in real life and, well, react . . .

So I don't know how to deal with this issue. Ideally the man would repent and be saved, the girl would repent and be saved and forgive the man, the man still face consequences, and then both move on with their lives (at least as much as possible). In reality though, I don't think I would be a rip if a rapist was thrown in prison for the rest of his life and had a huge, angry cellmate who happens to not like people who rape children. *sigh* Justice is not my own, but the Lord's...justice is not my own, but the Lord's...
 
This is a difficult issue for me because I automatically want to be a Simeon or Levi and kill the rapist. I'm afraid that I'll meet one of these monsters in real life and, well, react . . .

So I don't know how to deal with this issue. Ideally the man would repent and be saved, the girl would repent and be saved and forgive the man, the man still face consequences, and then both move on with their lives (at least as much as possible). In reality though, I don't think I would be a rip if a rapist was thrown in prison for the rest of his life and had a huge, angry cellmate who happens to not like people who rape children. *sigh* Justice is not my own, but the Lord's...justice is not my own, but the Lord's...

Andrew, I agree with your sentiments and outrage at such godless behavior. Under biblical law the state would have the right to execute capital punishment for such wickedness. Which I happen to agree should be the punishment. However, I would be opposed to throwing a criminal such as this in prison. Why? Because you and I would be paying for his punishment. Not really an act of justice when the criminal is held in prision at the expense of victim and society.i.e., prisons and jails are funded at the expense of the taxpayer. Justice would be served with the excution of the individual rather then preserving his life.
 
This is a difficult issue for me because I automatically want to be a Simeon or Levi and kill the rapist. I'm afraid that I'll meet one of these monsters in real life and, well, react . . .

So I don't know how to deal with this issue. Ideally the man would repent and be saved, the girl would repent and be saved and forgive the man, the man still face consequences, and then both move on with their lives (at least as much as possible). In reality though, I don't think I would be a rip if a rapist was thrown in prison for the rest of his life and had a huge, angry cellmate who happens to not like people who rape children. *sigh* Justice is not my own, but the Lord's...justice is not my own, but the Lord's...

Andrew, I agree with your sentiments and outrage at such godless behavior. Under biblical law the state would have the right to execute capital punishment for such wickedness. Which I happen to agree should be the punishment. However, I would be opposed to throwing a criminal such as this in prison. Why? Because you and I would be paying for his punishment. Not really an act of justice when the criminal is held in prision at the expense of victim and society.i.e., prisons and jails are funded at the expense of the taxpayer. Justice would be served with the excution of the individual rather then preserving his life.

I work with inmates 4 days out of the week, and I agree with the exclusion of a prison sentence as punishment. The prison system needs a serious overhaul to say the least.
 
Last edited:
This is a difficult issue for me because I automatically want to be a Simeon or Levi and kill the rapist. I'm afraid that I'll meet one of these monsters in real life and, well, react . . .

So I don't know how to deal with this issue. Ideally the man would repent and be saved, the girl would repent and be saved and forgive the man, the man still face consequences, and then both move on with their lives (at least as much as possible). In reality though, I don't think I would be a rip if a rapist was thrown in prison for the rest of his life and had a huge, angry cellmate who happens to not like people who rape children. *sigh* Justice is not my own, but the Lord's...justice is not my own, but the Lord's...

Andrew, I agree with your sentiments and outrage at such godless behavior. Under biblical law the state would have the right to execute capital punishment for such wickedness. Which I happen to agree should be the punishment. However, I would be opposed to throwing a criminal such as this in prison. Why? Because you and I would be paying for his punishment. Not really an act of justice when the criminal is held in prision at the expense of victim and society.i.e., prisons and jails are funded at the expense of the taxpayer. Justice would be served with the excution of the individual rather then preserving his life.

I work with inmates 4 days out of the week, and I agree with the exclusion of a prison sentence as punishment. The prison system needs a serious overhaul to say the least.


I liken the modern day prison system to what I call "Adult Groundings". Basically with the current prison system really all the civil magistrate is saying to the criminal is, "Go to your room for life, and we'll have someone else pay for it."
:2cents:
 
Initial responses are anger, sorrow, hatred of sin, a reality check for myself personally, among other things.

Your response? How does one as a believer properly deal with this? I have a desire to pack my bags, go underground and get my hands dirty.


YouTube - Playground Documentary
This is very difficult to watch, I couldn't help but feel a lot of anger.
This is one reason I believe in capital punishment.
 
John, I understand what you mean in quoting Deuteronomy. My issue lies in the fact that I am unwilling to agree with the propagation of all other laws in Deuteronomy and therefore am not at this time confident in supporting just the few that I "like." I see capital punishment for murder in Genesis and in several other passages, which is why I am for it in the case of murder. However, I'm just not sure in this case. Although I heartily agree, prison is not a good answer.
 
:mad:

:(

:pray2:

-----Added 10/3/2009 at 05:39:28 EST-----

is this supposed to come out in theatres? If so, when? This is the first I have ever heard about it. As ugly as it is, maybe it is good to get more people to realize the horrors going on in the world and right here in USA.
 
:mad:

:(

:pray2:

-----Added 10/3/2009 at 05:39:28 EST-----

is this supposed to come out in theatres? If so, when? This is the first I have ever heard about it. As ugly as it is, maybe it is good to get more people to realize the horrors going on in the world and right here in USA.

Here's the website, I would hope that it would get a wide screening with such big hollywood names backing it. Never know though.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top