Playstation3,Xbox 360,and Nintendo Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Joey

Puritan Board Junior
It`s been a while but I am kind of excited about the new videogame systems.I am for the first time leaning away from Nintendo.I am more interested in Xbox 360 then either one of the others.Although PS3 sounds good also.I just feel more comfortable with Xbox this time.Either way,I don`t think you can really go wrong with which ever you choose.

Since I will be truck driving soon.Does videogame systems work fine in vehicles?

Video games will work in a vehicle with an adapter to your cigerette lighter. Our daughter used my laptap on our drive to Florida, it was great!

I normally get all the systems and have been a BIG X_box fan, but so far the information looks to lean toward the PS3 being the best system. Currently Microsoft is trying to make up for that, but we will see if they can convince me.

Consider a PSP Joe, they are awesome and much easier to take on the road. By this Christmas, the game library for them will be much larger as well.

Originally posted by houseparent
Video games will work in a vehicle with an adapter to your cigerette lighter. Our daughter used my laptap on our drive to Florida, it was great!

I normally get all the systems and have been a BIG X_box fan, but so far the information looks to lean toward the PS3 being the best system. Currently Microsoft is trying to make up for that, but we will see if they can convince me.

Consider a PSP Joe, they are awesome and much easier to take on the road. By this Christmas, the game library for them will be much larger as well.

Well,I am a graphics and popular game playing guy.I like the big Zelda and Final Fantasy games.I don`t think many real good ones would come out for the hand-helds.I would deffinently get a PS3 if another Chrono Trigger sequel came out.Have you ever played that or Chrono Cross?One of my favorites of all time.Great story and some of the best music I have ever heard in videogames.

Yep, I've played Chrono before, several of them. The PSP is going to be different from other hand helds. RPG's, FPS's, etc.

The PSP

The PSP is def. impressive. I'm thinking that might be an option. I have not been able to enjoy other HH because of size of screen. But I watched Spider Man on PSP with headphones and enjoyed the whole movie, so that might be the ticket.

As far as others, I'll wait a year and a half for price drop and to get the feed back to make a decision.

I have no clue as to revolution except for classic games dowload which sounds awsome. Xbox360 will continue its online excellence but may be coming out to soon. Playstation 3 is what im getting(hd-dvd player via bluray).

Blade

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
I have no clue as to revolution except for classic games dowload which sounds awsome. Xbox360 will continue its online excellence but may be coming out to soon. Playstation 3 is what im getting(hd-dvd player via bluray).

Blade

Decisions .....Decisions.I was wnating a Revolution until I found out that they now have no interest in competing anymore.I found that strange.To me it sounds like they have admitted defeat.There is one thing I have heard recently however.They may have the ability to play old Sega games as well.I am hoping not only Genesis but also Saturn and Dreamcast games.Ah,the Dreamcast.The most underrated system of all.

Ah,the Dreamcast.The most underrated system of all.

ABSOLUTYELY!

I was upset that Sega gave up on it.It had some great games.Resident Evil Code Veronica,Dead or Alive 2,Soul Calibur 2,Fire Prowrestling D(which you can even today download new moves and characters online),etc.

Don't forget that the truck's standard equipment - reality "video game" has these others beat.

1) Super-sized wrap around screen.
2) Natural sound
3) Full motion
4) Realistic controls with a wheel and floor pedals.

:D:lol::D:lol:

Originally posted by jfschultz
Don't forget that the truck's standard equipment - reality "video game" has these others beat.

1) Super-sized wrap around screen.
2) Natural sound
3) Full motion
4) Realistic controls with a wheel and floor pedals.

:D:lol::D:lol:

I look forward to that videogame.:D

What's funny is I had been out of the gaming world for about three years and the last thing I had played was Castlevania 64. My friend ran off with the game and three years later I decide to go buy it. It took about a week for me to figure out that they don't sell 64 games anymore.

:lol: EBGames sells a few N64 games. I still own a N64, mainly for WWF No Mercy.

Awesome dude!I still play it from time to time.I like to create a character that has a lot of knockout moves and would win a match with a powerful clothesline(I created Stan "The Lariat" Hansen for this purpose) to knock them out.I will then watch the replay of the knockout over and over again.

Yep, it's the the best wrestling game ever made on American soil. To this day no American company can make a better wrestling game. Fire Pro tops it from Japan, but nothing on our shores.

Yep, it's the the best wrestling game ever made on American soil. To this day no American company can make a better wrestling game. Fire Pro tops it from Japan, but nothing on our shores.

I need to buy another Dreamcast and then buy Fire Pro G on ebay or something.I have heard that is the best one of the series.There is also a newer 3D Fire Pro like game on PS2 that is out in Japan.I think it is called King of Colloseum.

My PS2 isn't modded to play imports, but if there is a good Fire Pro game, I may have to look into that. Maybe there will be one for the PSP? It doesn't have region lock out.:banana:

My PS2 isn't modded to play imports, but if there is a good Fire Pro game, I may have to look into that. Maybe there will be one for the PSP? It doesn't have region lock out.:banana:

I don`t think I have ever a clear explanation on why most videogame systems have region lock outs to begin with.

You can find King of Coloseum on ebay.There are a couple of Fire Pro games on the GBA that are quite good.

There are lock outs because American companies actually do not want your money going to Japan! They want you to spen all your gaming money here. It's actually the only reason for a lock out. Silly, I know.

I've never progressed much past the complexity of the old Atari games, but its amazing how far they've come over the years. My youngest son just bought PSP, which impressed him as having some pretty decent graphics. I like it because its portable, doesn't need a TV, and doesn't have all those cables hanging out of it for the hand controls. Any of you guys tried PSP?

I own a PSP and love it! I am anxiously awaiting more games though. Not alot of variety at the moment. I highly recomend them.

I own a PSP and love it! I am anxiously awaiting more games though. Not alot of variety at the moment. I highly recomend them.
Yeah, my son didn't have much trouble picking his game, since there may have been a dozen or so games, only a couple of which had the E rating.

They did give us a page and a half list of games that will be coming out in the next few months. You can put down $5 to reserve a copy of the game you like, and they'll contact you when it comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back