Please Post Music For Guitar (ie. Psalms And Hymns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiph

Puritan Board Junior
Looking to compile a Psalter for guitarists . . .

[Edited on 9-23-2005 by Saiph]

I recently transcribed Luther's 'Mighty Fortress' as I've always loved the melody
...but it's more for my own personal consumption and might get pretty demanding as I like to push myself sometimes. In other words, it's not really a sit around the campfire-3 chord thing...it's not crazy difficult either though but some may find it challenging. Is this ok?

[Edited on 9-23-2005 by SmokingFlax]

Of course . . .I actually play that song with on chord per word as well. When I get home tonight I will post it ans we can compare . .

Originally posted by SmokingFlax
I recently transcribed Luther's 'Mighty Fortress' as I've always loved the melody
...but it's more for my own personal consumption and might get pretty demanding as I like to push myself sometimes. In other words, it's not really a sit around the campfire-3 chord thing...it's not crazy difficult either though but some may find it challenging. Is this ok?

[Edited on 9-23-2005 by SmokingFlax]

Well, there is a start. The Book of Psalms for Singing and the Trinity Psalter have a version of Psalm 46 to that tune.

The Indelible Grace Online Hymnal has quite a few already. There are some psalms on there too, Psalm 130 being my favorite.

Online Hymnal

Joel

[Edited on 9-23-2005 by Covenant Joel]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back