Poll- second best Bible translation

Which is the second best Bible translation?


  • Total voters
    49
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1

Puritanboard Commissioner
What is your preferred second version of the Bible?

That is what version would you use to compare translations to your primary use version?

For example, if the ESV was your first choice, NKJV might be a second choice.
 
I would definitely say that NKJV is the second-best Bible translation out there (with KJV being first). I guess I am a little biased, though. I grew up with the NKJV, memorized Scripture from it, and read it every day.
 
Translation Preferences
1. ESV
2. HCSB
3. NASB
4. NKJV
5. MINE*
6. NIV

* McFadden Inspired New Edition :lol:

Study Bibles
1. ESV Study Bible
2. Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible (NIV yech!)
3. Reformation Study Bible
4. NET (with notes)
5. The Apologetics Study Bible
6. NIV Study Bible
7. Holman Illustrated Study Bible
8. MacArthur Study Bible

Sorry, folks, I was thinking of listing the Life Application (NLT), Life In The Spirit, Rainbow Study Bible,
Scofield Study Bible, Spirit Filled Life, Blackaby Study Bible, Maxwell Leadership Bible, The Green Bible, Serendipity Bible, The Woman's Bible, etc.

In honor of Tim (Grymir), here are the KJV study Bibles popular on the market today . . .

Dake Annotated
African/People of Color
Life Application
Life In The Spirit
Rainbow Study Bible
Ryrie Study Bible
Scofield

I'm not sure that any of them are all that "Reformed."
 
Last edited:
1) Geneva/HCSB/NASB (tie)
2) ESV (so I guess it's really number 4?)
3) NKJV
4) NIV (our church uses it, so I have to be familiar)

Dunno where I would put the KJV. I guess it's in its own category. Not better or worse than these necessarily, just different maybe?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top