"q" vs. "g"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... q is used for θ in unicode and g is used for γ. And we know that θ is the first letter in θεος, so maybe they are just pious.
 
I've never heard it referred to as "g". I do know that "q" stands for "quelle". Though I'm not sure which language that's from or what it means!
 
Ivan,good question,I have a Q in my name so it irks me sometimes when folks will substitute a g instead of the q,on the other hand the proper lower case q has a backwards hook on it which feels odd almost harsh to the hand shaping it and offers no dignity to the letter it represents:2cents:

[video=youtube;QhdygQUZuk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhdygQUZuk0[/video]
 
'Q' is an abbreviation for Quelle which is German for Source. It is a document (supposedly) where the writer of Luke and the writer of Matthew got their common material not in Mark. Not sure who first coined the term maybe Albert Schwitzer, someone correct me if I am wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top