R.L. Dabney

What Do You Think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I amended the poll. Removed awesome as descriptive of a man and put in a few other choices

With the change in poll nomenclature, I should be listed as believing him to be a "Great Theologian" rather than a "Great Man." Due to public school education, it is sooooo very difficult for a Californian to see any supporter of the confederacy as a "great" anything [that is positive]. :lol:

Forgive me, but stating that Benjamin's use of the term "awesome" to describe something he likes as emptying a word of meaning used in Scripture to describe God Alighty does seem like something very, very bad.

Again, Benjamin was not personally referenced in that statement. An impartial judge possesses an ability to examine statements without turning them into a personal battlefield.

I amended the poll. Removed awesome as descriptive of a man and put in a few other choices

Why? Rev. Winzer has not come close to proving his point. We might as well disallow the use of "great" since God is described as "great". Do not forget about "Most" and "Very" et al.

Besides this was meant to be a rigged poll as the OP and subsequent posts maintain.

I have discussed this type of thing before with Reverend Winzer. I am not sure I that I made a good call. but it is what it is. The topic was derailing the main topic. If you want to discuss this topic further start a new thread on the topic you want to question Reverend Winzer about.

Thanks for your patience Ben.

Be Encouraged,
Randy

I strongly agree that Dabney is a great theologian with a deep philosophical slant.

Again, Benjamin was not personally referenced in that statement. An impartial judge possesses an ability to examine statements without turning them into a personal battlefield.

Context, context, context. All that we read ought to be taken in context, which is what I did.

Cheers,

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back