I would like to commend to you a few sermons on repentance which have proven most convicting and helpful to this wretch of a man. The following are a part of the over all series Repentance Unto Life (found here), but are the most recent ones focusing on Paul's words to the Corinthian church found in 2 Corinthians 7.8-11, wherein he lists singular marks which are found in true repentance. I hope you will find the sermons profitable to your souls:
Repent Like a Corinthian:
2 Corinthians 7:8-11
8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season. 9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
1. Godly Sorrow
2. Carefulness and Clearing
3. Indignation and Fear
4. Vehement Desire
5. Zeal and Revenge
Repent Like a Corinthian:
2 Corinthians 7:8-11
8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season. 9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
1. Godly Sorrow
2. Carefulness and Clearing
3. Indignation and Fear
4. Vehement Desire
5. Zeal and Revenge