resources regarding church government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latino Reformado

Puritan Board Freshman
May the Lord continue to bless you!

I am Venezuelan, and I need resources regarding church government.

I hope you can help me!

Here is a good book on the church from R.B. Kuiper, The Glorious Body of Christ:
(Note, the link has the text of the Spanish translation.)

Here is a short overview of church government from a Reformed perspective:
(Again, the link is to a Spanish translation.)

Here is a translation of Westminster's Form of Presbyterial Church Government:

May the Lord continue to bless you!

I am Venezuelan, and I need resources regarding church government.

I hope you can help me!
Hello brother,

9marks has a ton of resources regarding baptist polity. They are, are in my opinion, the best place for practical help in the area of polity for baptists. They have a Spanish website Here. Again this would be elder-led congregational polity.

In addition to the many articles and journals, they produce small books on elders, deacons, church discipline etc. most of these are translated too. Here’s their books https://es.9marks.org/libros/

Bannerman, The Church of Christ
Jus Divinum

Edit: posted before the OP revealed he is looking for non-Presbyterian resources but I am leaving this here so others can take up and read.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers!

Do any of you have resources from the Episcopal Governance System? Because in my primary language (Spanish), there are only Roman Catholic resources regarding this form of government.

Please fix your signature so folks know how to address you and they will also realize your are Reformed Baptist. See the link at my signature or at the bottom of the screen. If you want a work that compares systems, read Thomas Witherow's Apostolic Church Which is it.
Thank you very much for the correction brother.

I have corrected the signature following the stipulated rules.
Was my correction attempt successful?

Thank you for your answers!

Do any of you have resources from the Episcopal Governance System? Because in my primary language (Spanish), there are only Roman Catholic resources regarding this form of government.

There are not going to be many Reformed defenses of episcopacy! Joseph Lightfoot has a dissertation in his commentary on Philippians that purports to trace the origin of episcopacy, but the Biblical case relies on inference, on what is not said rather than what is. Richard Hooker's, Laws of Ecclesiastical Polity is the classis statement from a non-Roman Catholic view. I can't find that either work has been translated into Spanish.

There's no question that you'll find people who are meaningfully Reformed in many particulars and function more or less happily within an episcopal polity (e.g., John Newton). But going along with that is some degree of skepticism towards Scripture really providing a platform of church government, or a view of church government as a relatively minor matter, or both. Sometimes, in the Anglican tradition at least, it's more or less explicitly linked to the idea that the church has three guides: Scripture, reason, and tradition.

¡No habrá muchas defensas reformadas del episcopado! Joseph Lightfoot tiene una disertación en su comentario sobre filienses que pretenden rastrear el origen del episcopado, pero el caso bíblico se basa en inferencias, en lo que no se dice más que en lo que se dice. Laws of Ecclesiastical Polity de Richard Hooker es la declaración clasis desde una visión no católica. No encuentro que ninguna de las obras haya sido traducida al español.

No hay duda de que encontrará personas significativamente reformadas en muchos aspectos y que funcionan más o menos felizmente dentro de un sistema de gobierno episcopal (por ejemplo, John Newton). Pero esto va acompañado de cierto grado de escepticismo respecto de que las Escrituras realmente proporcionan una plataforma para el gobierno de la iglesia, o una visión del gobierno de la iglesia como un asunto relativamente menor, o ambas cosas. A veces, al menos en la tradición anglicana, está más o menos explícitamente vinculado a la idea de que la iglesia tiene tres guías: las Escrituras, la razón y la tradición.
Thank you for the information. I will keep it in mind

Es un gusto conocerte, Hno. Victor. Que el Señor bendiga tus investigaciones.

¡Al contrario... El gusto es mío, mi Hermano!

Disfruta de la presencia del Señor, y él te dará lo que de corazón le pidas. RVC
¡Concordemos en que es una bendición tener este medio de comunicación! Por si no lo has visto, una de las fuentes donde más actividad hay con nuevas traducciones es la página de mi socio:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back