Rick Warren Meets Stephen Colbert

Status
Not open for further replies.

panta dokimazete

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
wasn't sure where to put this...

Rick Warren Meets Stephen Colbert

OK... this is a little odd; but apparently Rick Warren was a guest on The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert last week. Rick's critics are already all over him for his appearance; but I thought it was good... not much substance; but it was less than five minutes long. Colbert was in full character, and Warren even got a chance to call him a doofus. The comments at You Tube are an interesting read (on your lunch hour of course). Until then... enjoy...

be sure and read the comments...

I will not sit in the seat of judgment and state that Rick Warren is not a Christian. But he said something on that video that is emblematic of the problem I have with him. He said he tried to shorten the sentences in his book so they would make sense. While less is often more, Rick Warren tackled his version of Christian and biblical truth as though it were a casual read on a lazy Saturday afternoon. He plays fast and loose with scripture and in the process misses the grandeur and holiness of God's word.

:2cents:

What was up with his explanation of God? He mumbled about the earth being tilted and not burning up? Though that may be scientifically true it was an odd response to a direct question. He really did a good job of making a fool of himself.

The ever-popular Saddleback conferences include many practical points worth hearing, I'm sure. But, Warren's response to the question of sermon prep was a classic. [If memory serves me, it went something like this] "You already know tons more than your people do. Focus on telling them what you already know and skip all of that study stuff. Why do you think you went to seminary?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back