Sinclair B. Ferguson's New Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
It's this: Some Pastors and Teachers: Reflecting a Biblical Vision of What Every Minister is Called to Be by Sinclair B. Ferguson (Edinburgh: The Banner of Truth Trust, 2017), xv + 802pp.

This is one of the best books I've ever read. I'm 325 pages in, having read the first 17 chapters. The book consists of 39 articles and essays, almost all of them previously published somewhere else over the years and now gathered together in one very nice-looking hardback volume.

I should say straight off that, despite the book's subtitle, it should not be considered as a book for pastors or elders only. Any Christian who loves to read will be truly edified by this book. The essays are well-written, very informative, and easy to read (there are only now-and-then references to technical terms), and yet, they are meaty. There's no fluff here.

To me, so far, the six chapters devoted to John Owen have been a real highlight.

If you don't have this volume yet, I encourage you to acquire it. Highly recommended!

Looking forward to a thorough review. I plan on doing some myself. We can all start helping Jacob out. Even he can't read everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back