special treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this.

---------

It worked for me - Linux and Seamonkey.

I like this one as well (eventhough the bagpipes are missing)

[video=youtube;En8JAPBQr28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En8JAPBQr28[/video]

The Roman Coliseum has more ornate columns...this is a different venue, but still very amazing setting. They have wonderful voices. Why did they say, "When we've been here then thousand years? Maybe I misheard.

The Roman Coliseum has more ornate columns...this is a different venue, but still very amazing setting. They have wonderful voices. Why did they say, "When we've been here then thousand years? Maybe I misheard.

Definitely a lovely rendition. I believe you're right Jeremy... it should be "there". Of course I've also read that the verse was not written by John Newton. And while it would be nice to only sing the verses that Newton wrote (Newton Onlyist :think: j/k) I like the progression and imagery the last verse conjures to mind.

Also too bad we don't hear the other three verses, it really completes a story Newton seems to be telling:

The Lord has promis’d good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.

Source

Is it maybe time for a rerun of this movie trailer?

[video=youtube;Q6Cv5P9H9qU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Cv5P9H9qU[/video]

Only movie I've ever seen that depicts the aftermath of a "born-again" experience not unlike my own. Wonderful!!! Breathtaking!!!

On Saturday morning, coincidentally (!), I bought a comprehensive version of "The Letters of John Newton" (Banner of Truth) at RHB in Grand Rapids. I'm so enjoying reading Mr. Newton's letters to family members, friends, church members and other clergymen!

Nancy, this video is a blessing - thanks so much for posting it!

Margaret

Why did they say, "When we've been here then thousand years? Maybe I misheard.

No you didn't mishear it was definitely "here". I wondered that myself. Pehaps they were singing it from the standpoint of someone already in heaven marvelling at how he got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back