Started my new workout program today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
Feel kind of tight but good.:up:

-45 mins. Gazelle (The Tony Little machine that's low impact)

-60 mins. Bow Flex and Dumbbells (one body part per day)

-30 mins. SLAM MAN (Boxing workout include cool down)

I will workout 5 days/week taking weekends off. Anyone want to join me? How about those who posted the "flabulous" pics? :lol: :p

:bigsmile:

Seriously though, do you use weights at all? I NEED better cardio, but I want to keep bulking up too.

Originally posted by houseparent
Sure, It'll go longer eventually especially the boxing part of the workout.
Apparently you didn't hear the tone in my voice correctly via these electrons. :p

-60 mins. Bow Flex and Dumbbells (one body part per day)

How many body parts are there? :lol: At one per day, it's gonna be a while until you get back to them biceps.

More aerobics. :banana::banana::banana::banana: And don't forget the warm up and cool down, along with plenty of stretching.

(each banana = 10 minutes per day)

1) Chest
2) Back
3) Shoulders
4) Arms
5) Legs

I have kind of weak legs though, not strength wise (I can leg press over 700 pounds) but stamina wise, they tire quickly. I am hoping the boxing helps some with that. Maybe then I won't be built like a light bulb.

Originally posted by Puddleglum
Wow . . . where do you find the time?

My kids are in school so I am off duty every day from 8:30am to 2:00pm. I often find myself flipping the TV channels around and browsing the internet. Sometimes I read or work on my book. I decided it was time to get more physically active.

Be careful you don't burt out...

I know it's a typo but for a second I thought it was a joke about myhair looking like Bart Simpson :lol:

Maybe then I won't be built like a light bulb.

What wrong with that?

incredibles.jpg

I've been frustrated lately. I've been running for about 22 years now and lately I've been having some achilles aches that I'm worried might lead to a rupture. I've been laying off the running and doing the elliptical trainer instead to keep the stress off. I'm praying the stretching exercises that a PT gave me will help.

Anyhow, still working out, just not the running part that I miss.

...by the way, I turn 38 tomorrow.

Originally posted by SemperFideles
I've been running for about 22 years now and lately I've been having some achilles aches that I'm worried might lead to a rupture.

For a second there I thought I was on the wrong board. I thought you typed that you were worried "might lead to the rapture."
:worms:

:lol:

Pain in your legs is a sign I think! Lets get Todd or Becky over at Raptur Ready to add it to the clock!

[Edited on 5-9-2006 by houseparent]

I just started my new seefood diet. Everything I see, I eat. :bigsmile:

I wish I could get motivated enough to start and remain on a good diet and exercise plan. Last year I lost 30 pounds by working out and eating right. I injured my shoulder and haven't been able to get motavated to get back on the right track. I've since gained about 10 of that 30 back. I'd like to lose 30 - 40 more.

Originally posted by Joseph Ringling

I wish I could get motivated enough to start and remain on a good diet and exercise plan. Last year I lost 30 pounds by working out and eating right. I injured my shoulder and haven't been able to get motavated to get back on the right track. I've since gained about 10 of that 30 back. I'd like to lose 30 - 40 more.

But, but I like seafood. :bigsmile: Ooooooh, seefood.

Hey, I know how hard it is trying to get and stay motivated, even though I really can't claim an old football injury or anything specific. All I have to do is fall off the threadmill (so to speak) a week or so and then it's hard to get back into the groove. My 10 pounds I've lost this year is closer to 8-9 now.

BTW, is your family moved to Rockford yet? I met you when you came up to Janesville to our church and had dinner with Bob and Teresa, but you probably don't remember me. Hope you all are well.

Originally posted by gwine

But, but I like seafood. :bigsmile: Ooooooh, seefood.

Hey, I know how hard it is trying to get and stay motivated, even though I really can't claim an old football injury or anything specific. All I have to do is fall off the threadmill (so to speak) a week or so and then it's hard to get back into the groove. My 10 pounds I've lost this year is closer to 8-9 now.

BTW, is your family moved to Rockford yet? I met you when you came up to Janesville to our church and had dinner with Bob and Teresa, but you probably don't remember me. Hope you all are well.

Yes, I do remember meeting you brother Gwine. My family will be joining me within the next three weeks and God willing we will be moving to a bigger place. I'm in a one bedroom apartment right now.:( Things are going good at work. Just working a lot of hours and trying to get adjusted to second shift. I usually drive back to Ohio every weekend. Sometimes my family comes here. My wife doesn't like driving through Chicago so it's better for me to drive home to save her the anxiety. We still haven't sold our home. Toledo's housing market is horrible right now. Please pray that it sells soon and that we find adequate housing in the Rockford area.

Joe

Yes, I do remember meeting you brother Gwine. My family will be joining me within the next three weeks and God willing we will be moving to a bigger place. I'm in a one bedroom apartment right now.:( Things are going good at work. Just working a lot of hours and trying to get adjusted to second shift. I usually drive back to Ohio every weekend. Sometimes my family comes here. My wife doesn't like driving through Chicago so it's better for me to drive home to save her the anxiety. We still haven't sold our home. Toledo's housing market is horrible right now. Please pray that it sells soon and that we find adequate housing in the Rockford area.

Joe

That's good news about the family. I cannot imagine being away for so long, even with the weekend trips. And I can appreciate the Chicago traffic, since some of our family lives in/near Fort Wayne, Indiana (which is where we are from.)

Our house down in Indiana was on the market about 3 months when we moved up here, but it was an older house that someone bought as a rental/investment so they were not as "picky'.

:pray2: for yours to sell soon. With school being soon out perhaps the market will be more favorable.

And perhaps we can all get together in the early summer.

[Edited on 5-22-2006 by gwine]

Originally posted by gwine

Joe

That's good news about the family. I cannot imaging being away for so long, even with the weekend trips. And I can appreciate the Chicago traffic, since some of our family lives in/near Fort Wayne, Indiana (which is where we are from.)

Our house down in Indiana was on the market about 3 months when we moved up here, but it was an older house that someone bought as a rental/investment so they were not as "picky'.

:pray2: for yours to sell soon. With school being soon out perhaps the market will be more favorable.

And perhaps we can all get together in the early summer.

I'd like that.:handshake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back