Subscription to the 1646/1689

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting difference between the WCF and the 1689 Baptist confession is the 1689 distinguishes between the Covenant of the Redemption and the Covenant of Grace more so than the WCF. I suspect it reflected a later creedal development - the 1689 was written about 30 years after the WCF. See the 1689 Confession 7:2 and 7:3

Another interesting difference between the WCF and the 1689 Baptist confession is the 1689 distinguishes between the Covenant of the Redemption and the Covenant of Grace more so than the WCF. I suspect it reflected a later creedal development - the 1689 was written about 30 years after the WCF. See the 1689 Confession 7:2 and 7:3
Here's a good place to compare the WCF, LBCF, and the Savoy Declaration (which is what the LBCF authors worked off directly from what I understand): https://www.proginosko.com/docs/wcf_sdfo_lbcf.html

That conference was very helpful to me as well. Highly recommend.

I'm listening through the conference right now. Reverend Ruddell is a passionate man, and a gifted speaker. I would suspect some men who hold to this doctrine of the Papal Antichrist wouldn't be so zealous about it as he is.

I'm listening through the conference right now. Reverend Ruddell is a passionate man, and a gifted speaker. I would suspect some men who hold to this doctrine of the Papal Antichrist wouldn't be so zealous about it as he is.

I also recommend the J.A. Wylie book "The Papacy" as well as Ian Paisleys sermons on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back