svchost eating up resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covenant Joel

Puritan Board Sophomore
For anyone computer guys out there, any idea why svchost.exe would be eating up between 60,000 and 100,000 k's? My computer's been doing some strange things, and I know svchost isn't supposed to take up that much resources, but I've run several virus scans, and nothing comes up, so I don't know what's going on. I've also had some other weird problems, like my audio quit working for no apparent reason, and other things like that. Thanks.
 
It could be a bad file, or bad code written into the file itself.

And in that your audio stopped working there could be a conflict with the two programs, I've had that happen before when I installed a new program.

It could also be you have a spyware program that found it's way onto your computer, so you might want to check that as well. Virus scan programs don't typically locate those.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top