Tax Time Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
Have you done your taxes yet?

This year, I put it off to the last minute. Bought Taxcut yesterday, and e-filed my taxes this morning. If I would have known I'd be getting a refund this year, I'd have filed the end of January like I usually do.

Are you the payer or the payee this years?

[Edited on 4-16-2006 by blhowes]
 
since my kids left the nest, we always pay, and always wait until the last minute.
like now...tonight, tonight. do the taxes.
 
Originally posted by rmwilliamsjr
since my kids left the nest, we always pay, and always wait until the last minute.
like now...tonight, tonight. do the taxes.
I'm with you. If I knew I was going to pay, I'd wait just as long as I could.
 
Originally posted by rmwilliamsjr
since my kids left the nest, we always pay, and always wait until the last minute.
like now...tonight, tonight. do the taxes.

Sounds like us...:um:

Though we mailed ours earlier this week...

[Edited on 4-16-2006 by jrminter]
 
Originally posted by blhowes
Originally posted by rmwilliamsjr
since my kids left the nest, we always pay, and always wait until the last minute.
like now...tonight, tonight. do the taxes.
I'm with you. If I knew I was going to pay, I'd wait just as long as I could.

:ditto:

I actually got some back this year b/c too much was withheld. That's better than paying, which I had to do a couple of years ago (seems I owe the state every year) but I'd rather get nothing back and pay nothing, or maybe at most $100 either way. Getting a refund basically means that you made an interest free loan to the government.
 
Refunds are always nice, though I would prefer to have the money earning interest all year...

Adam, What kind of tax reform are you looking for?
 
I kind of like the idea of a "flat tax". I certainly do not believe the more money one makes the more taxes they should pay. I've worked hard my entire life and I don't think the government should then punish me for that (or anyone else).

Actually my brother gave me a good book to read that makes a lot of sense. So that means our government will never submit to it's ideas. Check out the website here:

FAIR TAX

[Edited on 4-17-2006 by houseparent]
 
Originally posted by houseparent
Filed an extention because we owe $2,200.

I absolutely hate the IRS. I want tax reform yesterday!!!!:barfy:

Regardless of an extension, if you know or suspect you owe taxes, the amount you owe is due on April 15.

From the IRS:
Please be aware that an extension of time to file your return does not grant you any extension of time to pay your tax liability.
 
Yea Tom I know:barfy:

I am filing a payment form though as well and it takes the IRS months to get back to you regarding that so I have a little time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top