"The Administration of the Covenant of Grace in the Old and New Testaments" (Brakel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Has anyone read the appendix to Wilhelmus à Brakel's The Christian's Reasonable Service entitled "The Administration of the Covenant of Grace in the Old and New Testaments"? Is it a helpful treatise on covenant theology according to something like the WCF model? I am trying to get all the information I can on this topic from a paedobaptist perspective.

Has anyone read the appendix to Wilhelmus à Brakel's The Christian's Reasonable Service entitled "The Administration of the Covenant of Grace in the Old and New Testaments"? Is it a helpful treatise on covenant theology according to something like the WCF model? I am trying to get all the information I can on this topic from a paedobaptist perspective.

Eschatologically there is debate about the Jews returning to Canaan, and the extent of Canaan's typological significance; but the general teaching about two administrations of one covenant of grace is a fairly standard explanation from that viewpoint. The focus on the types is also helpful for showing the "substantial" unity of the covenant of grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back