The book store.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weston Stoler

Puritan Board Sophomore
*Moderation*

< Link removed for Second Commandment violations. >

Search "The Bible Bookstore" on YouTube, if you must.

*Moderation Off*

this is ridicules.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean ridiculous? It does ridicule all other translations so I just want to be sure I understand what you mean.

I also hate modern Bible translations like the NIV, NLT, the Message, the KJV, the ESV, etc... I use the Geneva Bible ;)

This is outrageous.. We all know that the ESV is God's true interpretation of scripture! :p

I understand arguments over translation but there are many translations that would be acceptable translations (e.g. ESV, NKJV, KJV, NIV). I do not like the paraphrase translations like the Message, which I think all would agree that its not accurate. I have met people like the creator of the video and understand their concerns, but still wouldn't put down all translations being incorrect or bad. Fact is that only reading the Bible in Greek and Hebrew would give you a 100% true translation, but then you get into debates about the different types of scrolls found ect..

*Moderation*

< Link removed for Second Commandment violations. >

Search "The Bible Bookstore" on YouTube, if you must.

*Moderation Off*

this is ridicules.....
I apologize, I didn't realize their was a 2nd commandment violation on the video. Apologies!

And I did mean ridiculous :D

English language versions are a crutch! Like study bibles! Get ye to the Greek and Hebrew! :)

The closer you are on the Coast to Pennsacola, FL, the more of those folks you find. I had one shouting at me in the Pennsacola airport once over my ESV.... :D

English language versions are a crutch! Like study bibles! Get ye to the Greek and Hebrew! :)

The closer you are on the Coast to Pennsacola, FL, the more of those folks you find. I had one shouting at me in the Pennsacola airport once over my ESV.... :D

Could it be that you have a KJV only college in Pensacola FL?

Even if you are reading the Hebrew and Greek texts, I cannot BTW, wouldn't your results depend on your fluency and interpretation anyhow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back