The Complete Works of Thomas Manton is being reprinted!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll only publish if they get enough pre-publication orders to go through with the project. FYI

Don Kistler

Don, isn't this a project that SDG could join arms with Solid Ground to make happen?

Originally posted by Don Kistler
They'll only publish if they get enough pre-publication orders to go through with the project. FYI

Don Kistler

SDG is now an arm of Ligonier Ministries, and the boss of Ligonier Ministries makes those decisions now.

Don Kistler

In all honesty, with all the Manton stuff I have from BoT, I am not going to order a bookshelf (as attractive as that sounds, and as mellifluous as Manton was). I truly am at a place where I have to say: "I have enough paper to read until I am paper myself, assuming I get through it."

I will still buy books. I can't quit, its like a virus. But I can't justify buying Manton just to say "I've got every word he wrote!"

Bruce,

I'm not sure if I've got every word. I certainly have everything published under his name, including a list of his library that was sold after his decease. At any rate, as a reformed minister I would not want to be without one word he wrote. The index itself is gold.

For you men who want "every word," check E-bay. I bought a set of Manton's works on CD rom for next to nothing. You can also get Christopher Love, Thomas Watson, John Gill, and several others. They are usually scans in pdf files, but a lot cheaper than a multi-volume set of books.

And yes, Bruce, I did see Carl in Akron last year.

See this thread. As noted there, the EPP is also working on a reprint of his collected works.

Manton's biography may be read here and some of his works are accessible online here.

Bruce, Excellent employment of the word "mellifluous" -- sweet! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back