The Knowledge of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Senior
Good morning,

Did you ever really think about what God knows? Of course, the easy answer is he knows everything. But what is everything?

Who am I to even ask a question like this? We, humans, are so limited in our understanding of the Wonder and greatness of God. But here goes.

Of course, he knows everything we know. He knows everything we have forgotten and everything we will ever know. And he knows this all at once from all eternity. He has never learned anything, and he's never forgotten anything.

But that's just the beginning.

Of course, God knows everything that has, does, or will exist with infinite, intimate knowledge. But did you ever consider that God also knows everything that could happen if he willed it so? Do you know that God also knows everything that could not happen? For example. He knows every Science Fiction story before it is written. And he knows an infinite amount of Science Fiction stories that will never be written. God knows what it would be like to be invaded by Martians. Or people from the Moon. And he knows an infant variety of those stories. He knows everything that is logically possible and everything that is logically impossible.

And he knows me.

Psalm 139:1‭-‬6​
O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, And art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, But, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, And laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back