Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Fentiman

Puritan Board Sophomore
The Marrow Controversy in early-1700’s Scotland hinged on the the warrant of the free offer of the Gospel displaying God’s grace and good-will to gospel-hearers.

Mature your understanding of the Christian faith in looking into this important and intriguing historical controversy. The webpage has a fuller introduction to the controversy and the most resources on the net about it.

On this Lord’s Day, take up and read a sermon by one of the original Marrow Men, Thomas Boston, Ralph Erskine or Ebenezer Erskine, and delight your soul in these refreshing Gospel-waters:

The Marrow Controversy in early-1700’s Scotland hinged on the the warrant of the free offer of the Gospel displaying God’s grace and good-will to gospel-hearers.

I urge everyone to read The Marrow of Modern Divinity at least twice. I'll see what's involved in making a PDF of it and write back. The link to the Marrow itself that is on the page Travis shared is not working for me at this time.

As Travis points out, internet archive is down. However, when it’s back up, volume 7 of Boston’s works provides the marrow with commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back