Trying to find Christmas present for wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
This is just a shot in the dark, thought I'd give it a try.

One of the things my wife asked for for Christmas is a reading light for the bedroom. She has one now that clamps onto the backboard of the bed, but I think it was designed more for a flat desk instead of a curved shaped backboard - its damaged somewhat now. Anyway, I've been looking around trying to find one to replace it, but couldn't find one that I liked. I happen to be on a business trip this week, and noticed just what I'm looking for attached to the beds in the room I'm staying at (Marriott). Unfortunately, there aren't any brand names on them and I haven't had any luck finding googling for them. I even went down to the front desk to see if maybe they might know - they said they'd check, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Here's what it looks like. The base is about an inch and a half in diameter and has an on/off switch on it. The base attaches flush to the back of the bed board. It has about a 9 inch gooseneck with a small light (LED, I think) on it. It would be perfect, but I've run out of ideas where I might look for it.

Any thoughts how I can locate it?

Thanks for your help. By looking at the sites you suggested, I found wording that helped me refine my google search. I found this, which is almost exactly what I'm looking for:

Access%20Lighting-62089-BS.jpg

You "guys" are great. Thanks!

This is just a shot in the dark, thought I'd give it a try.

One of the things my wife asked for for Christmas is a reading light for the bedroom. She has one now that clamps onto the backboard of the bed, but I think it was designed more for a flat desk instead of a curved shaped backboard - its damaged somewhat now. Anyway, I've been looking around trying to find one to replace it, but couldn't find one that I liked. I happen to be on a business trip this week, and noticed just what I'm looking for attached to the beds in the room I'm staying at (Marriott). Unfortunately, there aren't any brand names on them and I haven't had any luck finding googling for them. I even went down to the front desk to see if maybe they might know - they said they'd check, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Here's what it looks like. The base is about an inch and a half in diameter and has an on/off switch on it. The base attaches flush to the back of the bed board. It has about a 9 inch gooseneck with a small light (LED, I think) on it. It would be perfect, but I've run out of ideas where I might look for it.

Any thoughts how I can locate it?

You started off your post by stating, "This is just a shot in the dark, thought I'd give it a try." You then proceeded to describe how much you wanted a lamp like the one in your hotel, but you couldn't find one. I began to think your post was asking if it was permissable to steal the hotel light! :lol:

You started off your post by stating, "This is just a shot in the dark, thought I'd give it a try." You then proceeded to describe how much you wanted a lamp like the one in your hotel, but you couldn't find one. I began to think your post was asking if it was permissable to steal the hotel light!
Although that was exactly what I was looking for, stealing the lamp was something I just couldn't do. (the backboard of the bed was securely attached to the wall, so I couldn't move the bed away from the wall to remove the lamp).

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Thank-you for the link. I think this may be the one I'm going to buy...
62024_8989220_200.jpg

It's too bad you missed Glocktoberfest. I bought my wife's present at that time. It's a Glock, Model 27.
27.gif

It's too bad you missed Glocktoberfest. I bought my wife's present at that time. It's a Glock, Model 27.
27.gif

Is your wife going to read by it? I know the muzzle flash can be bright, but it seems kind of short term and a bit loud for bed-time reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back