Using a wireless router for games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
We used to have satellite broadband and used a router to give us wi-fi. The satellite is gone but I still have the wireless router. Can I use it to connect laptops together to form an area network? I was thinking of starting a computer game club at school and would use it for that. If set up as a wireless hub it should allow several computers to play games without the need to set up 'addresses' yes? It has four ethernet connections but that would require more fiddling than required with wi-fi.
 
Is it possible? Yes. Will it take more time to set up? Yes. You need to have one computer as the host. If the other computers do not have wifi capability you will need to hardwire them through the router and connect to the host.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top