Want to Remember Everything: Surrender to this Algorithm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds a bit like the Pimsleur language method. Pimsleur repeats words at strategic intervals based on our rate of forgetfulness. This is a lot more scientific. The short coming for language, it seems, would be that it only teaches vocabulary and nothing more.

I'd be interested to hear more from those who have used this to learn a language. Thanks Rich for the post. I copied the article but I can't remember where I put it.
 
:lol:

It seems to work for this guy who has mastered the English language well enough to use words that most native speakers cannot figure out how to utilize.
 
Sounds a bit like the Pimsleur language method. Pimsleur repeats words at strategic intervals based on our rate of forgetfulness. This is a lot more scientific. The short coming for language, it seems, would be that it only teaches vocabulary and nothing more.

I'd be interested to hear more from those who have used this to learn a language. Thanks Rich for the post. I copied the article but I can't remember where I put it.

Vocabulary is, in my opinion, the hardest thing about learning a language. If you learn the concepts of grammar, they are easily applicable to whatever language you may want to learn (Indo-European languages, at least).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top