Warren caught in a lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel

Puritan Board Freshman
[video=youtube;bYIWSyMrhRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIWSyMrhRA[/video]

[video=youtube;7o4QqGbQmU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o4QqGbQmU0&feature=related[/video]

Do you know if the second video isn't the note to his congregation he mentions in the first video? If it is the note, he didn't lie at all. There are so many reasons to distance ourselves from Warren, but I don't think these clips are one of them.

not necessarily if the 2nd video was the note to his congregation

Then he is consistent.

He may not be outspoken enough against a homosexual lifestyle though.

Marriage between the is not the main issue. The fact they are, is.

In the interview he says:

During the whole Proposition 8 thing, I never once went to a meeting, never once issued a statement, never -- never once even gave an endorsement in the two years Prop 8 was going.

The week before the -- the vote, somebody in my church said, Pastor Rick, what -- what do you think about this?

And I sent a note to my own members that said, I actually believe that marriage is -- really should be defined, that that definition should be -- say between a man and a woman.

In the note that he sent to the members of his church he said

Now let me say this really clearly: We support Proposition 8, and if you believe what the Bible says about marriage, you need to support Proposition 8.

He issued a statement to 20,000 members, that became public way before his CNN appearance, where he clearly endorsed proposition 8, so what's the point in appearing at Larry King saying "I'm not an anti-gay marriage activist"? What is he trying to say? maybe he wasn't on the streets holding anti gay marriage signs but he IS an anti-gay marriage public person. Why couldn't he say at Larry King's what he told the members of his Church, that gay marriage is wrong and he supported proposition 8? that would have been more consistent. If his political-correctness game and misleading statements before the media are not a reason to distance ourselves from him, I don't know what is.

If that was my pastor instead of him, I'd be looking for another church now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back