We are ready to adopt - help us out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
We have been holding out to try to get permission to adopt in this country.

But since the tsunami happened and the most concerned parties who wanted to adopt the tsunami orphans were Christians (including us), the gov't made laws stricter to prevent opposite faith couples and foreigners from adopting. I don't know a single foreigner who has successfullly adopted for years now and it does not look like I will ever be able to adopt a child from this country. Heartbreaking!

May the Lord reward the makers of this law according to their deeds. They would rather see children not cared for then to be cared for by loving families from my faith.

So, PBers, my wife and I are ready to apply to other agencies. Help us pick an agency and give us advice.

Our situation:

--We will be home from June until the first week of February,
--I have never done any crime except speeding tickets,
--We are far from rich, but have no debts. Our worth is pretty much zilch,
--We will spank all children and homeschool them,
--According to US agencies, we will probably subject our kids to "sub-standard" living conditions due to living interior,
--We cannot be hindered from international travel,
--I don't have many or time for lengthy, lengthy processes, but I have this furlough and could extend it feasibly if I absolutely have to,
--We will take any race, nationality or color,
--We are open to take "disadvantaged children" and prefer children from other countries where the Christian faith is weak or not present (adoption as a means of world-change..imagine if every Christian family adopted!).

Help us out. And pray for us. Kids are a blessing and also a stress as well and a limiting factor in going to some hard places. We want to adopt, but we also do not want to close any doors to the ministry here.

The Lord be with you and bless you and provide the little ones who need you. Would you consider an older sibling group?

Home studies are generally required for both private and state adoptions--not sure how that would work for you.
Will be in prayer.

I guess a home study could be done this summer, we will be living in an aprtment for 6 months near Covenant seminary. Yikes, will the gubbermint fail me for having an "unstable home"?

If only DFS could see what I've put my children through already!

-----Added 3/10/2009 at 11:51:37 EST-----

Leslie: older siblings would be a challenge. We are open to challenges, but feel inadequate. We will pray.

You better go private (which is more expensive) because it is unlikely a state adoption would be finalized before Feb. and they won't allow you to take the child to the jungle until then.

Wooohoo, we are glad tobe at the bottom of any sliding scale! Ha!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironically, just now my wife announced that she is PREGGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we will verify with a better test, but it seems we already have one baby on the way. Of course, if we add another adopted one, that is even better!

Private looks like the most viable option, but it can be very expensive (and can also be shady although there are some very trustworthy lawyers who handle them), and I'll not recommend it. If you do decide to pursue that route, I'd suggest talking to pastors that you know and trust and let them know of your interests - one of them may have a family in their congregation who is looking for a solution, and then find the lawyer to handle it.

The homeschooling and spanking stands are going to be big negatives to most state agencies. Many of the social workers who would do the home study are also going to be liberal, and would hold that against you.

Private agencies can be quite expensive, and most now work on an 'open adoption' model for domestic adoptions. The process can be long and frustrating.

For foreign adoptions, some countries will hold against you the fact that you have natural children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back