We got picketed yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

turmeric

Megerator
We were visited by the God Hates Fags tour! They come from Topeka, KS and I wonder where the Wizard is when we need him!

Their leader is Phelps, I forget his 1st Name. They insisted on carrying a sign that said "Fag Church" and one that said "Your Pastor is Lying".

Now they're not from here, so how could they know? They insist our church does gay weddings. Now they may happen in the building, but we're renting the space in an historic old 19th Century church, which has weddings & concerts during the week. I tried to explain this but of course they weren't listening.

I learned that I am a vile depraved sinner because I occasionally get haircuts! Boy, talk about progressive sanctification!:biggrin:
 
Turmeric,

That is truly awful. As much as I believe homosexuality is a sin against God, I think Fred Phelps and his minions are worse. They are hateful and arrogant, and show no compassion for their fellow man.

Think about the hysteria involved where they won't even listen to the truth from a member of the church in question.

I have actively disliked the man ever since the Matthew Shepard incident. I don't care what sin you commit, what happened to him was heinous, and Phelps and his brood showing up and causing Shepard's parents MORE pain was sick and sad.

Does your congregation own the church building in question?
 
No we do not. It's owned by some historical preservation foundation. Originally it was a Presbyterian church but that church died long ago. We are a church plant by the PCA which just particularized in February. We rent the space. We plan to rent office-space downtown in another building, as the church office is taken up by the society which owns the church building. There is also a thrift-store in the basement. We might get some street-cred with some folks as a result of Sunday's picket.:biggrin:
 
I wish I hadn't arrived late that day! I missed out. :lol: Josh and I were talking at lunch, and laughing at the fact that those people didn't realize that many of us in the congregation they were picketing are more "conservative" than they are. :roll:

In Him,
Matt
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top