Web hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexanRose

Puritan Board Sophomore
I'd like to start a website at some point. I thought I would go ahead and reserve the domain name now and perhaps get a very basic site up and running within a few months. So I need to choose a web host. Any suggestions? I know I don't want to use GoDaddy.

I need something affordable and reliable and I need enough storage/bandwidth to host a lot of sound files.

(Hopefully I'm asking the right questions--I'm pretty ignorant about technical stuff like this!)

Thanks for the reply! I see that you have your sound files hosted on a different site. I would need my sound files to be playable on my main site. I know I could use a player that would read the files from a different site, but I'm afraid the player would load more slowly if I did that. So I would rather host them in the same place as the rest of the site. Hope that makes sense.

Taking a look at Fatcow.com's bandwidth and disk usage info, they warn that they might suspend accounts if you store "large numbers of video or audio files that may be associated with a site, but require more resources to support than a normal or business website would." That's kind of vague--what are large numbers?--but it makes me nervous. :)

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back