What classes are you taking this Spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenFromUtopia

Puritan Board Graduate
For all of those who are enrolled in higher education of some sort this semester, what is your class schedule like? You can also list the school you attend and what your major is, if you'd like.

Indiana University, B.A. Philosophy:

G150 - Beginning German II - 4 CR
P333 - Philosophy Seminar: Friedrich Nietzsche - 3 CR
P335 - Phenomenology & Existentialism - 3 CR
P371 - Philosophy of Religion - 3 CR

13 TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
 
Reformed Theological Seminary, Jackson, MDiv

Hebrew Exegesis - 3
OT Poetic Books - 3
Joshua-Esther - 2
Leadership - 2
Covenant Theology - 2
Hist. of American Presbyterianism - 2

14 TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
 
Clearwater Christian College, B.A. Bible

BIB 302 Biblical Intro to the NT
BIB 411 Bible Doctrines I
LAN 302 Greek Text Studies II
ENG 222 British Literature II
PSY 210 General Psychology
BIB 473 Second Semester Hebrew

18 total hours
 
Program Intro Seminar
Puritan Theology
Systematic Theology I
NT Biblical Theology
Theology of Augustine

14 credit hours

M.A. Historical Theology
 
Communication (Preaching) II - 5 credits
Worship - 3 credits
OT Poets - 2 credits
Apologetics - 2 credits

12 credits total, by far my easiest semester (I have averaged 16 previously).
 
Hebrews-Revelation
Leadership (please)
Worship (PLEASE)
Christian Life in Secular Culture (PLEASE!!!)
ST3

Viel gluek mit deiner Uebersetzungsklasse! Deutsch is eine schoene Sprache!

[Edited on 1-16-2006 by kevin.carroll]
 
Originally posted by kevin.carroll
Hebrews-Revelation
Leadership (please)
Worship (PLEASE)
Christian Life in Secular Culture (PLEASE!!!)
ST3

Viel gluek mit deiner Uebersetzungsklasse! Deutsch is eine schoene Sprache!

[Edited on 1-16-2006 by kevin.carroll]

Not sure what the Barbarian language is saying... maybe you want to write in something like Latin?

We will have Worship together, and I hope it is good. Leadership really surprised me. I expected something unbearable to sit through, and I think it wound up being one of my favorite classes. I really appreciate Dr. Curry. Bebo's classes should be mandatory for Christian growth every semester. He is first rate.
 
Speaking of Hebrews-Revelation: Kevin, have you got A.W. Pink's commentary on Hebrews? CBD has it priced pretty favorably.
 
Westminster Theological Seminary -- M.Div.

Spring '06:
Doctrine of God - Dr. Sinclair Ferguson
Medieval Church History - Dr. John Hannah
 
OT - Historical Books (3)
NT - Pauline Epistles (3)
CH - Medieval Church and Reformation (4)
ST - Doctrine of Christ (3)
AP - The Modern Mind (3)
PT - Preaching Doctrine and Ethical Texts (1)

This semester should be a breeze. This past Fall held not only the same amount of credits, but we also had a newborn right in the middle of the semester! God supplied the grace (and the gracious professors).
 
Louisiana College, B.A. English and history - My last semester!!

Intro to Psychology (3)
Principles of Sociology (3)
Values and American Society (3)
World War II (3)
The New South (3)
 
Originally posted by fredtgreco
Communication (Preaching) II - 5 credits
Worship - 3 credits
OT Poets - 2 credits
Apologetics - 2 credits

12 credits total, by far my easiest semester (I have averaged 16 previously).

MAN! You are in poets! AHHHHHH! You and Kevin C (LEADERSHIP) are going to throw off my curve. GET OUT OF MY CLASS MASTERSCHOLARS. You are all, as I always term it, "COMMUNIST BASTARDS". Note that is just something I say when I want to be funny and am not. DANG IT! THERE GOES MY C!

[Edited on 1-16-2006 by Romans922]
 
WTS Dallas - MDiv

Old Testament Hist and Theology II (3hrs) - Tremper Longman
Doctrine of God (2) - Sinclair Ferguson
Doctrine of Salvation I (3) - Richard Gaffin
Doctrine of Salvation II (4) - Sinclair Ferguson
Acts and Paul (4) - Richard Gaffin
Medieval Church History (2) - John Hannah
18 hrs
:pray2:
 
I currently have 15 credit hours, and, as noted in my signature, am hoping to get a B.A. in Classics, with a minor in Philosophy.

-Myth in Ancient Greece & Rome (4 credit hours)
-Greek 102 (Attic) (4 credit hours)
-Logic (formal) (3 credit hours)
-Search for Values in the Light of Western History and Civilization (aka Humanities 202) (3 credit hours)
-Intro. to Postgrad Scholarship (1 credit hour)
 
Originally posted by fredtgreco
Originally posted by kevin.carroll
Hebrews-Revelation
Leadership (please)
Worship (PLEASE)
Christian Life in Secular Culture (PLEASE!!!)
ST3

Viel gluek mit deiner Uebersetzungsklasse! Deutsch is eine schoene Sprache!

[Edited on 1-16-2006 by kevin.carroll]

Not sure what the Barbarian language is saying... maybe you want to write in something like Latin?

We will have Worship together, and I hope it is good. Leadership really surprised me. I expected something unbearable to sit through, and I think it wound up being one of my favorite classes. I really appreciate Dr. Curry. Bebo's classes should be mandatory for Christian growth every semester. He is first rate.

Let us not forget that the Master Race is why Latin is a dead language! :lol: I'm looking forward to a comparitively easy semester. My GPA took a pounding this one.
 
Originally posted by Romans922
Originally posted by fredtgreco
Communication (Preaching) II - 5 credits
Worship - 3 credits
OT Poets - 2 credits
Apologetics - 2 credits

12 credits total, by far my easiest semester (I have averaged 16 previously).

MAN! You are in poets! AHHHHHH! You and Kevin C (LEADERSHIP) are going to throw off my curve. GET OUT OF MY CLASS MASTERSCHOLARS. You are all, as I always term it, "COMMUNIST BASTARDS". Note that is just something I say when I want to be funny and am not. DANG IT! THERE GOES MY C!

[Edited on 1-16-2006 by Romans922]

Ah, how I regret the fact that the Fantastic Four will be broken up at the end of the semester.
 
Originally posted by Me Died Blue
I currently have 15 credit hours, and, as noted in my signature, am hoping to get a B.A. in Classics, with a minor in Philosophy.

-Myth in Ancient Greece & Rome (4 credit hours)
-Greek 102 (Attic) (4 credit hours)
-Logic (formal) (3 credit hours)
-Search for Values in the Light of Western History and Civilization (aka Humanities 202) (3 credit hours)
-Intro. to Postgrad Scholarship (1 credit hour)

What college do you go to?
 
Originally posted by ~~Susita~~
Originally posted by Me Died Blue
I currently have 15 credit hours, and, as noted in my signature, am hoping to get a B.A. in Classics, with a minor in Philosophy.

-Myth in Ancient Greece & Rome (4 credit hours)
-Greek 102 (Attic) (4 credit hours)
-Logic (formal) (3 credit hours)
-Search for Values in the Light of Western History and Civilization (aka Humanities 202) (3 credit hours)
-Intro. to Postgrad Scholarship (1 credit hour)

What college do you go to?

Rhodes College - it's a small (1700) liberal arts college in a suburb near the middle of Memphis. While the "liberal" part is definitely present, the "liberal arts" theme is as well, in the breadth (and depth) of courses.
 
Well this quarter I'm taking:

Human Responses II - 3 credits
Pharmacotherapeutics II - 2 credits
Care in Illness - 5 credits
Practicum: Care in Illness - 4 credits
Nursing Informatics - 1 credit

15 credits . . . except that the "4 credit" practicum class has you spending 12 hours in clinical each week - and then you have prep, and homework, and lab, etc. . . . I'm not totally sure how that equals 4 credits!

(Oh, and I'm a junior at the University of Washington studying nursing - it's my first year of nursing classes).
 
Supposedly we have 1700 students at our college too, but I don't think I agree. Seriously, towards the end of a semester, you know practically every face! :lol:

Lessee here, I have: Theory, Ear training, Sight singing, Voice, Spanish, Choir, Health, and a lab of some sort.

And I'm at the community college, so does that still count?
 
Texas A&M University - BS in Civil Engineering

CVEN 307 - Transportation Engineering
CVEN 339 - Water Resources Engineering
CVEN 349 - Project Management
CVEN 442 - Engineering Systems II (there is not Engineering Systems I... this class covers some economics and simulation)
CVEN 446 - Steel design

A little different from the rest of you, I think.

Especially this semester... I really loaded on the Civil classes.

[Edited on 1-31-2006 by Mike]
 
Yeah, we're overworked. Let's go on strike! Wait, nevermind. ;)

I love engineers! My big brother is an engineer student, this should be his last semester at our community college. He's taking Differential equations, computer programing, physics, and circuits - while working the crazy man. Last semester he had calc III (which he got a B in, first time he got anything lower than an A in a math class) :banana: Statics, physics, and properties of materials. His GPA is still in the A range, so proud of my big brother! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top