What colors are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimV

Puritanboard Botanist
Kevin Alawine posted this from Calvin to day on FB, and I got to wondering what the names of these colors are? This is Orbea progmata, and doesn't bloom very often.

"There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice."

original.jpg

Shades of fuchsia and pink with some gray? What amazes me the most is to look at tiny flowers, less that 1/3-inch across and see the extraordinary details and colors that God puts there. We often don't even see these, but they keep blooming to God's glory.

Very cool starfish look!

Since I'm a guy, I'm going to call it Deep Purple and walk away with my masculinity in check.

OK Anna, I owe you. Reddish purple mixed with grey. Now I'm gonna use the word mauve when ever I get the chance so I can seem more sophisticated than the average construction worker :) I mean, it's not like the average construction worker would object if I called anything mauve. How could they? They don't know what it means :lol: and won't want to look dumb.

If you're selling men's clothes, it's Plum and Arctic Teal.

If you're selling women's clothes, it's Lupine and Coral Pink.

If you're a botantist, it's a very pretty flower but I have no idea. I'm in marketing. :)

If I used puce around construction workers even assuming I could pronounce it right I may get punched.

It's several colours (as I see Tim pointed out in the first place).
So all of you are right.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

actually, as flowers go, I think it's quite ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back