What do the Reconstructionists think of this..just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the same Christian Exodus that was on the board earlier, I can speak for a Reconstructionist that I am not impressed. To be sure, the idea is admirable, but without a clear statement of faith it would be catastrophic. Granted, I would rather have a reconstructionist government as opposed to the Secular Humanism tyranny that we are living under, but there are several things that have kept reconstructionists from gaining the influence they so desperately need:

(Bear in mind that I am a Reconstructionist)

1)Reconstructionists cannot stay friends with each other for more than six years usually. Think of David Chilton, Steve Wilkins, and Joe Morecraft. Part of the reason is that the first generation of freedom fighters had dynamic personalities and as the old western adage goes, "This town aint big enough for the both of us."

2)Whether this is important or not I don't know: Reconstructionism does not wield the intellectual credibility it had when Bahnsen was alive. Now, this does not guarantee rightness, and God did promise to use the foolish things of the world to shame the strong, but philosophical rigor does allow one to work through thorny ethical and social issues.

3)God's spirit has not been poured out in great measures like it had been in the old days. The two above reasons break my heart because they can be overcome. This one gives me hope, knowing that God is about to bless the world.

I have not as of yet had the chance to "explore" the site. I hope to look it over, but as Paul said it does look interesting on the surface. Someone told me about it yesterday, and I just wanted to see if anyone had any dealings with these guys or thoughts on them. :bs2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back