What is the theology of AMG International

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I've seen some of the stuff they've published and it was good, but I know a lot of wacky Christians who are into them. Their website seems basic evangelical distinctives.

Baptist and Dispensational. I attended a dispensational school in Chattanooga and they recruited most of their staff from that seminary (TTU & TTS)

AMG stands for advancing the ministries of the gospel. I believe that they were started by Spiros Zodhiates and one of their main areas of ministry are to Orthodox Christians. As far as their theology, I am not sure but I do think that they are mostly Baptist.

What does AMG stand for?

It originally stood for American Mission to the Greeks. But that was changed later to reflect the wider focus that they have emphasized in recent years. http://www.amginternational.org/main/fs/index.cfm?do=about&subdo=heritage

They are dispensational although this is not stated explicitly in their brief statement of faith. (Regardless, most if not all of the doctrinal material they have published is from a traditional or normative (as opposed to progressive) dispensational point of view.) But they also publish older works that have nothing to do with dispensationalism. One example would be Kuyper on the Holy Spirit. They also put out inexpensive audio Bibles in MP3 format, including Scourby.

Related to the OP, what do y'all think of AMG's "Word Study Dictionaries"?

I own the complete word Study NT and I like it because it has the Greek Text, the KJV text, a concordance, and a Greek dictionary all in one volume. I don't pay any attention to the theological notes, which are rather minimal anyway.

Related to the OP, what do y'all think of AMG's "Word Study Dictionaries"?

I own the complete word Study NT and I like it because it has the Greek Text, the KJV text, a concordance, and a Greek dictionary all in one volume. I don't pay any attention to the theological notes, which are rather minimal anyway.
You can also get the entire Bible with the AMG dictionaries included, but not the Greek:

Christianbook.com: Key Word Study Bible KJV (2008 new edition), Genuine Black Leather: 9780899577487

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back