What were they thinking? (or were they?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim G

Puritan Board Junior
I didn't know this kind of stuff existed. :eek: :scratch:

Do I :lol: or :barfy:?
[video=youtube;7-NOZU2iPA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8[/video]

[video=youtube;D7myO3imGy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7myO3imGy0[/video]

Argh! I want those five minutes of my life back. I need to go chew a few Tums and lie down for awhile.

I hope I can get that Jesus is My Friend song out of my head now, but I can feel it boring in there like some kind of sci-fi parasitic creature... :banghead:

Argh! I want those five minutes of my life back. I need to go chew a few Tums and lie down for awhile.

I hope I can get that Jesus is My Friend song out of my head now, but I can feel it boring in there like some kind of sci-fi parasitic creature... :banghead:

:sing: Jesus is a Friend of mine! :lol: Yeah it's stuck in my head too.

Seriously Nikki,

I was hunting for music for our upcoming adoption party (Oct 4th) and the first song I've chosen is "Celebrate Good Times" by Kool and the Gang. I cranked that baby and my daughter Ellie (24 yo swf) and my daughter Rosalie (8 yo mocha skinned beauty) started dancing to it. Ellie was doing fine, she was coming up with some moves but Rosalie would take those same moves and I tell you what... Her arms, legs, head, feet and even her eye lids were in perfect sync with the music, she is amazing!!! She's been with us since she was five and we certainly didn't teach her that. She doesn't watch much TV at all, just Jimmy Neutron. So where did she learn to dance like that? She is so fluid and smooth and dances like she's done it for 20 years.

Then I watch these pathetic nerds in these videos trying to look hip and I can't stand it. Why would they even attempt to try to dance like that or sing and play an island rhythm? On behalf of my 'white and nerdy' brethren I am embarrassed.

To drive my kids nuts I start doing that dance where you look like you're riding a horse and swinging a lasso and spanking your bottom.... that sends them running for their rooms every time. I usually do it when my wife's frosting a cake.... I get to lick the bowl all by myself.

I can't wait to show these videos to my kids. They will gag!

Seriously Nikki,

I was hunting for music for our upcoming adoption party (Oct 4th) and the first song I've chosen is "Celebrate Good Times" by Kool and the Gang. I cranked that baby and my daughter Ellie (24 yo swf) and my daughter Rosalie (8 yo mocha skinned beauty) started dancing to it. Ellie was doing fine, she was coming up with some moves but Rosalie would take those same moves and I tell you what... Her arms, legs, head, feet and even her eye lids were in perfect sync with the music, she is amazing!!! She's been with us since she was five and we certainly didn't teach her that. She doesn't watch much TV at all, just Jimmy Neutron. So where did she learn to dance like that? She is so fluid and smooth and dances like she's done it for 20 years.

Then I watch these pathetic nerds in these videos trying to look hip and I can't stand it. Why would they even attempt to try to dance like that or sing and play an island rhythm? On behalf of my 'white and nerdy' brethren I am embarrassed.

To drive my kids nuts I start doing that dance where you look like you're riding a horse and swinging a lasso and spanking your bottom.... that sends them running for their rooms every time. I usually do it when my wife's frosting a cake.... I get to lick the bowl all by myself.

I can't wait to show these videos to my kids. They will gag!

:spitlol:You are cracking my up today LOL. But you know Bob, you'd be surprised how many black people also lack rhythm and are just as nerdy looking when trying to dance or do something hip/cool =P. But those videos were down right over the top in awkward nerdiness rofl.

For those who want to purge your mind of those two songs I recommend the following:

[video=youtube;gIFmYnP_RDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIFmYnP_RDQ[/video]

Followed by:

[video=youtube;S1woxkraClg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1woxkraClg&feature=related[/video]

You'll need some classical music afterwards to calm you down.

Make sure you play them loud.

:sing: Jesus is a Friend of mine! :lol: Yeah it's stuck in my head too.

Renew your mind to get it out, I thought they were SNL skits:cool:

Uh that "Jesus is a friend of mine" song is strange :duh: Why are there people like that out in the world?:scratch: They not only repeat the same ditty over and over, but they look like weird hippies.

I do think they look very much like :banana: on drugs singing :blah:

I thought the songs (especially that heavy metal piece, "Jesus is My Friend" [eat your heart out Deep Purple]) were quite deep theologically, and truly rocking at precisely the same moment. Quite groovy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back