Where Did Cain Get His Wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
I was talking with my atheist friend about who the people of Nod were. "From where did they come" was the general question we discussed. I suggested that all came from Adam and Eve. Their genes were flawless, they had children for many years who could have come before Cain, Cain could have married one of his sisters since their genes were flawless. He said he had heard the same story from a Jehovah Witness person. :eek: So what do you guys think?

The fact that a JW says this doesn't imply that the argument is flawed. I don't see anything wrong with what you've said - it has to have been this way, given that Adam and Eve were the first human beings, and no human being ever existed who did not directly descend from them. Don't let the fact that the JW's teach this too be of any concern. It's one of the few things they're right about.

His sister.

The atheist cannot call this immoral because (1) They have no basis to define incest as immoral and (2) Under Biblical law, incest was not yet labeled immoral.

His sister.

The atheist cannot call this immoral because (1) They have no basis to define incest as immoral and (2) Under Biblical law, incest was not yet labeled immoral.

My friend didn't think it was immoral. He actually encouraged me not to throw out my thinking just because a JW thought the same thing. My friend isn't an angry atheist. He listens to everything I have to say even though he doesn't agree with it. It's quite interesting to talk with him.

[Putting on Moderator Hat]

Sarah asked a sincere and serious question. Let's not derail the thread with too much frivolity. Thanks!

[Taking off Moderator Hat]

Ken Ham has posted seven sermons on sermonaudio, that deal with answering these questions. He focuses on the importance of the first 11 chapters of Genesis setting the tone for most everything else in scripture.
They are easy to listen to an give several other ideas that help explain what you have started to do with this person.

You misunderstand my friend.
I am sorry, my reply was too short and it indeed seems to imply much more than I intended. My fault :). It was not directed at your friend, it was more a general statement about the way honest questions like this one are often used with a double end. I am sure that is not the case of your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back